• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Partner That Doesn't Leave (possible Spoilers)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I've been thinking.... could Spirit Tracks be the first time your partner doesn't totally leave you at the end of the game?

In all past games where you've been partenered with someone (Navi, Tatl, King of Red Lions, Ezlo, Midna, Ciela and Linebeck) at the end of the game they and Link both go their seperate ways, but will Zelda do the same?
To me it seems kind of unlikely, unless either, you don't get her back to normal at the end, or she just breaks contact with Link once she's back in her castle and the world's saved.

It's a heartening thought, however, that you wouldn't be left alone at the end of the game for once :)

What do you guys think?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I think Link's partner won't leave, It's Zelda! I don't see why and what could cause link's New partner to leave, Usually in a Zelda game i don't see dying or something like total destruction-which-leaves-said-protagonist-to-make-a-decision.

You see a happy end, it'll be like any other Zelda game, just happier so yeah.:)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
She could very well leave in the end though. Many other encounters of Link and Zelda are fleeting, and are not long-term friendships. I think WW / PH is probably an exception to the rule, with Link going off with Tetra to explore.

While ST is a sequel to WW / PH, it isn't the same Link and Zelda, therefore at this point we can only assume from the story set-up that Link's first encounter with Zelda is at the beginning of this title.

Also, as stated above, if Zelda is reunited with her body, she would probably go back to being the princess. As for Link, maybe he would stick around as the hero protector, but it could be possible he heads back to his job as an engineer.

It would be nice if, for once, the sidekick stuck around, but just because she's Zelda I don't think the odds of this happening are any greater than they were in other titles. (Unfortunately...)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think NorthApple was trying to say was that Zelda would still be around at the end of the game and she'd still be your friend, not that she'd be your partner in any sequels.

Navi runs away at the end of OoT, and you never see her again. She doesn't stick around.
Tatl stays in Termina, you never see her again. She doesn't stick around.
King of Red Lions drowns with Hyrule, you never see him again. He doesn't stick around.
Ezlo returns to wherever he came from, you never see him again. He doesn't stick around.
Midna goes back to the Twilight Realm and destroys the mirror, you never see her again. She doesn't stick around.
Ciela stays in the World of the Ocean King, you never see her again. She doesn't stick around.
Linebeck sails off in the end, you never see him again. He doesn't stick around.

I think what NorthApple means is that Zelda won't leave forever like every other partner Link has ever had did. She'll stay in the same world, their friendship will remain the same, and Link could go visit her whenever he wanted. He's never had that privilege with any other of his partners, because they either return to where they came from (which is an alternate dimension), or run away.

Zelda doesn't really have the option to return to an alternate dimension, since she never came from one, and since she's princess, she can't really run away.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Heh, I guess I must be bad at wording things or something, people seem to keep misinterpreting what I've been saying lately xD

Adam got exactly what I meant though- Zelda would logically still be around in the same world at the end of ST, so potentially Link could still keep in touch with her- she's not completely out of reach as all the others are at the end of the games... which is a heartening thought, even if it may seem a kind of redunant ending if there was to be a direct sequel... but I wasn't on about sequels with Zelda as your partner... Nintendo will more-than-likely cut it off there, like they always do xDD

She could very well leave in the end though. Many other encounters of Link and Zelda are fleeting, and are not long-term friendships. I think WW / PH is probably an exception to the rule, with Link going off with Tetra to explore.

While ST is a sequel to WW / PH, it isn't the same Link and Zelda, therefore at this point we can only assume from the story set-up that Link's first encounter with Zelda is at the beginning of this title.

Also, as stated above, if Zelda is reunited with her body, she would probably go back to being the princess. As for Link, maybe he would stick around as the hero protector, but it could be possible he heads back to his job as an engineer.

It would be nice if, for once, the sidekick stuck around, but just because she's Zelda I don't think the odds of this happening are any greater than they were in other titles. (Unfortunately...)
Yeah, it does appear that they first meet in the beginning because it shows Link bowing and then he looks up and seems surprised to see Zelda, indicating it's the first time he's met her.

There is probably a pretty even split whether they'll disconnect or stay in touch. It'll be interesting to see. Since it's Zelda, I find it a little more likely they'll stick together, because there have been games where they stayed together.

I think Link's partner won't leave, It's Zelda! I don't see why and what could cause link's New partner to leave, Usually in a Zelda game i don't see dying or something like total destruction-which-leaves-said-protagonist-to-make-a-decision.

You see a happy end, it'll be like any other Zelda game, just happier so yeah.:)

I agree with this 100%. Your helper is Zelda, so she most likely wont leave. I would actually be dissapointed if she would end up leaving at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom