• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A new Fierce Deity/Oni Link in BotW2?

One of the coolest things in Majora's Mask for me was Fierce Deity, he was so awesome.

I've long wanted Fierce Deity or something like him to return to Zelda... Could BotW2 be the game to do something similar to FD?

Right now, in my head, I'm really liking the idea of Link's magic (totally Zonai) arm having a Super Saiyan mode, where the arm takes over Link's body entirely and turns him into a super awesome and terrifyingly powerful version of himself, like FD.

Perhaps it may only be a feature in the final fight (much like how FD was), but I like the ideo of a Zonai warrior and Link combining to take out Ganoncorpse in a cool super form.

Would you like to see a new Fierce Deity /Oni Link form in BotW2?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Would be good to see a super Saiyan mode as one of the Sheikah arm powerups. It might work like one of the champions gifts. It could grant link super powerful attacks and movement speed with no stamina. Maybe some magic projectiles as well.

I wouldn't mind the Fierce Deity himself returning but he isn't a Hylian god. It would probably be better that he remains part of the strange world of Termina. Unless they want to have Termina as part of this new game.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I might not be opposed to it, but I don't think making the final battle with Ganondorf a cakewalk is a good idea to have a good gameplay/narrative balance - especially since narratively this game has a lot on the line, many high expectations.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I like the fierce deity. It was a cool power up for collecting all the masks. I'd love to see its Hylian equivalent introduced in the new lore. Would be a better reward than the green tunic for doing all the shrines in BotW. I know I loved decimating Majora's mask so to do the same with the final boss of BotW2 could be just as fun. I'd probably do without at first just so the final fight can feel intense. Then later totally bean Ganoncorpse as the FD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom