• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Modern Remake of the Original LoZ

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
So I was thinking, wouldn't it be kind of neat if the original Zelda was remade into a modern 3D version? I don't know why, but looking at Zelda Wii U sort of sparked the idea. To see the dungeons revamped to fit the 3D scheme and design, and some new puzzles, but with those enemies made into 3D models. I'd really like to see bosses like Aquamentas and Gleeok in a more up-to-date take. There would be plenty of room to add new things while sort of having the throw back to the old.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see a more modern take to the original LoZ?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I would love to see a 3D remake of TLoZ. Seeing a Aquamentus officially in 3D would be epic. Aquamentus was like my favorite boss in both TLoZ and OoS. I'd love to him/her again but in 3D sometime in the future. 3D Aquamentus FTW!

I'd also, of course I also would want a remake of TAoL as well. That game definitely needs to be remade. The current existing version of TAoL is so hard, especially when it comes to the Valley of Death where things get so ridiculous and insane. I would like an easier version so I can finally be able to that game in my list of completed Zelda games.

I really just love the Era of Decline games cause they have a similar dark atmosphere as like MM and TP as well as the Dark World/Lorule from ALttP and ALBW. I think that by remaking those games in 3D, we would be able see more of the dark atmosphere they actually have. I always felt like they were like Zelda meets Castlevania type games as they felt very dark and almost gothic like with how they had the crosses, the sleeping princess, villain turns to dust when defeated, villains needing certain kind of blood to be back villain from prior game, and stuff like that. I just really want to see those kind of Zelda games return in 3D, whether it be remakes of TLoZ and TAoL, a sequel, a prequel, or all of those. :)

I think that would be interesting. :)

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly I'm good with just an update of it in as far as 16 or 32 bit. Mario 1, 2, 3, and World got 16 bit and later on 32 bit updates on a couple consoles but each time we got some port of LoZ it was the same old 8-bit NES game with the same look and same sounds. Just having some better graphics, sounds, music, and possibly a couple voices added in like the GBA/DS remakes of the Mario series got would be more than enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom