• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past A Link to the Past Remake for the 3ds?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The question, though, is will it contain all the Four Swords extras? They are definitely releasing Four Swords for free as DSiWare later this year, so will the 3D Classics ALttP include the Palace of the Four Sword, the updated translation, or will it simply be the SNES game ported with 3D graphics?

My guess is Four Swords will be separate. I mean, if it's already on its own, why would it come with something else?

Garo

Boy Wonder
My guess is Four Swords will be separate. I mean, if it's already on its own, why would it come with something else?

Well definitely that, I don't think that the Four Swords game itself will be included, but I'm curious about the Palace of the Four Sword mostly. I really loved that dungeon.

Big Octo

=^)
Ok first of all LINK TO THE PASTE IS A SUPER NINTENDO GAME It WILL NOT BE IN THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONLY HANDHELD GAMES Seriously =__= But A remake with sprites and overhead view will be perfectly fine

ALttP DX was released for the gameboy advanced (I think), as was Link's Awakening. That means it could be on VC.

Sorry for snapping! :(

Last edited:

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
well Alttp was the first zelda game i ever owned on my snes and while i dont have a 3ds yet i plan to and if they do release it as a 3d classic i would definetly by the game and system

oh and I support operation moon fall:)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I seriously doubt that any 2D Zelda games will be released in full-3D card format. What I see happening is 3D Classics versions of the first three games (NES and SNES are the platforms designated for the 3D Classic series). Those aren't direct ports, though. The existing 3D Classics were rebuilt from scratch, using the same sprites but on a higher resolution screen with the 3D effect built in. For A Link to the Past I expect basically the same game but with a wider viewing angle and slightly reconfigured HUD icons to fit the resolution. Then they throw in the alterations to the graphics that take advantage of the 3D effect when turned on.

I have to wonder how much it will take after the GBA version. I'm inclined it will include most of the additions and the retranslation (Excitebite and Xevious weren't exclusive to the NES, so I would hazard a guess that there were some slight alterations to the NES version and that the 3D Classics were made as faithful to the prefferable version as possible). I don't know how they'd deal with Four Swords-related additions, though. Theoretically the save data could interact with the DSiWare game's save data, but I find this somewhat unlikely considering the separation between the two platforms, although both games could easily be kept on your 3DS. In the very least, I hope that of the Four Swords-based additions, they keep the Palace of the Four Sword. Some of my timeline theorizing depends upon it, and I would hate to see that damaged by any possibility that it's been debunked as part of the story.

jack546

The chosen one
they already made a remake for the virtual console and i doubt that nintendo will make any 2-d games for the 3DS

No thank you. It is a masterpiece, but it has already been remade and I would prefer they put their efforts towards something else.

I would love if they could make MM 3D, and than stop with the remakes and continue expanding the series.

if they do they should have snes graphic style ex. font and stuff original sounds and original ice palace. also all of the bugs and glitches from gba to get into four sword palace as well as the palace its self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom