• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past A Link to the Past Remake for the 3ds?

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Miyamoto said like a month or two ago that he wants to make a Link to the Past REMAKE for the NINTENDO 3DS here are my thoughts and remember to contradict, correct and or tell me your thoughts.
First of all I only played Link to The Past up to just getting the master sword on a emulator but even then I still loved the game it was fun pretty and challenging.
I only beat Wind Waker Twilight Princess Spirit Tracks Ocarina of Time 3d and I am to level 3 in Link's Awakening I played others but only for 5 minutes or so.
I love the idea of a Link To The Past remake but I am concerned and how they will remake it. And yes I know miyamoto only said he "wants to" but its still a good idea. IF they remake it like OOT 3d then it would be fine a game revamped to the current age with bonus content and such. I think that remaking it with a 3d perspective would be challenging and would not be right to do. But a remake with 3d models and a option to make them into fetailed sprites would be fun. but those are my thought oh and who would love another four swords game to be included in the remake :xd:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@nafizl

First of all, it was tough to read through your post. Please, at least use some commas.

About the content of your thread:

Well, it is Miyamotos favourite Zelda. There are a few possibilities to remake this game. Well, this wouldn't be the first remake of A Link to the Past. It was remaked for the Game Boy Advance with updated graphics and including Four Swords. Nowadays, the game is available for Wii's Virtual Console. It's a direct port from the Super Nintendo. So, Miyamoto only speak about what he would love to do. But I don't think it will be a 3DS game. So it's hard to say. It's not even a rumour. But there is a chance Miyamoto is going to fulfill his wish. It's not that easy to remake the game to an Ocarina of Time based Zelda. I don't know at all, but this would be a tough job.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Miyamoto said like a month or two ago that he wants to make a Link to the Past REMAKE for the NINTENDO 3DS here are my thoughts and remember to contradict, correct and or tell me your thoughts.

Yes, he said so, but I doubt many people will warm up to the 3DS with its current state (namely, the fact that the best game currently out for it is a remake of a 13-year-old game).
It hasn't really shown much good content (retail games, at least) that are not on another console already. Cynics like me have backed away from getting it for that same reason. I mean, I love Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past as much as anyone else, but I already own both (or, they could get Grezzo to do the job, while I'd rather have a new game, I still take into consideration the people who missed those games in any of their earlier releases).

I love the idea of a Link To The Past remake but I am concerned and how they will remake it. And yes I know miyamoto only said he "wants to" but its still a good idea.

You know, I always wanted to know how ALttP would look like in polygonal graphics, yeah, the most breath-taking thing in the history of mankind. (IMHO)

Maybe 3D models but keeping the top/down perspective would be more realistic to expect. You know, somewhat like Donkey Kong Country Returns.

IF they remake it like OOT 3d then it would be fine a game revamped to the current age with bonus content and such. I think that remaking it with a 3d perspective would be challenging and would not be right to do. But a remake with 3d models and a option to make them into fetailed sprites would be fun. but those are my thought oh and who would love another four swords game to be included in the remake :xd:

Aw, I guess our views clash, then :P. I think some bonus content would be nice (at least more than a boss-rush mode and a hint system, lol. I'm really starting to act like a critic here, am I not? All right, I'll stop there).

Just to finish, putting in another Four Swords game would be great for added value. How great would FS be in 3D? They could make it to give you something to do after finishing the game (the only problem I have with the series, but many won't consider it a valid comlaint, given that Zelda was made for single player).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That said, I still think all resources should be focused on new games for the 3DS instead of remakes.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If it's remade, I really don't think moving it to 3D graphics like OoT 3D would be a good idea at all. All the dungeons would have to be altered in many different ways and the game just wouldn't feel the same. It'd just feel like a new game, and what's the point of a remake if it doesn't feel like the original. However, doing the bird's eye-view 3D would work great. Now, I'm assuming if it's made, it will, once again, have some text changes, and if that's the case, it would probably build up to some new game directly connecting to it, which would be a great idea, as it would bring about the Seal War, which Nintendo clearly wants to bring about, as they failed to do it properly with OoT, and decided not to go with it with FSA. (Which is probably why FS was with the ALttP remake. Remaking it and then bringing about the Seal War.) Anyway, I don't know if it will happen, and it doesn't exactly need to, but it might, and I would definitely get it.

The ides of remaking a 2d games on the 3ds really doesnt appeal to me. I really wanna see new games released on the 3ds because Nintendo can't look back to the past if they want to keep their hardcore fans.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
But at the same time some hardcore fans want to play Link to the past for the first time or replay it

I think it's very likely we will see a A Link to the Past release on the 3DS E-Shop. They have already announced Four Swords, so I could see them using that opportunity to release the GBA version of A Link to the Past while they're at it.

I see this game being released in the same fashion as Excitebike, through a 3D Classics title. 3D Classics are 3D rendered rereleases of Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Excitebike 3D had added touch screen functionality, so one would assume they will likely add some touch screen support to better the aged inventory system of ALttP, similar to what they did with OoT 3D, and render the entire game in 3D to be released in the e-shop.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
I see this game being released in the same fashion as Excitebike, through a 3D Classics title. 3D Classics are 3D rendered rereleases of Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Excitebike 3D had added touch screen functionality, so one would assume they will likely add some touch screen support to better the aged inventory system of ALttP, similar to what they did with OoT 3D, and render the entire game in 3D to be released in the e-shop.
Hey thats a really good idea just for that you get a reputation from me

Big Octo

=^)
Yeah, I don't think they're remaking it, but they're most likely releasing the DX version on eShop, like they did for Link's Awakening.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Ok first of all LINK TO THE PASTE IS A SUPER NINTENDO GAME It WILL NOT BE IN THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONLY HANDHELD GAMES Seriously =__= But A remake with sprites and overhead view will be perfectly fine

Garo

Boy Wonder
I am almost 90% certain that I read somewhere that they confirmed a Link to the Past re-release as part of their 3D Classics series, which is NOT the Virtual Console, so the "handhelds only on 3DS" rule does not apply. Excitebike wasn't a handheld, for instance.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I am almost 90% certain that I read somewhere that they confirmed a Link to the Past re-release as part of their 3D Classics series, which is NOT the Virtual Console, so the "handhelds only on 3DS" rule does not apply. Excitebike wasn't a handheld, for instance.

That would explain why Joseph said something about a remake being confirmed on facebook. Well, I guess it's gonna be like the GBA one, as in it's a port.

Garo

Boy Wonder
That would explain why Joseph said something about a remake being confirmed on facebook. Well, I guess it's gonna be like the GBA one, as in it's a port.

The question, though, is will it contain all the Four Swords extras? They are definitely releasing Four Swords for free as DSiWare later this year, so will the 3D Classics ALttP include the Palace of the Four Sword, the updated translation, or will it simply be the SNES game ported with 3D graphics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom