• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help A Jumbled Up Mess All Tying Back to USB Drivers

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Okay, so recently I purchased a Kindle Fire HD and I wanted to put some vids on my computer onto it, but when I went to connect to my computer the driver would not install properly. Result: Kindle Fire was not recognized.

I went and tried all the ports on my laptop, nothing. I tried it on my sisters laptop, No problem. :dry: I tried all the cheap restart with it connected and nothing has worked. Eventually I gave up.

Then I got an Ipod Shuffle and had the same thing happen to me. I tried everything I possibly could think of, and more often then not I'm a fairly tech savvy guy and don't usually have trouble figuring things out. I gave up on this.

I just tried a camera today and the driver will not install properly. I don't know what has happened but for some reason my laptop will no longer install usb drivers. All the drivers that I installed before this started happening still work. But I have noticed two things that are very interesting:
1. When I connect any of these devices they are not recognized in Devices and Printers, but the older ones are.
2. Device Manager is absolutely empty nothing in it. I don't know if this means I need to install some USB Control thing or if that's important.

I heard about OHCI which is when the USB ports enter a suspended state but I tried the solution for that and nothing fixed itself. So that's not the issue. It's really weird.

Oh and I have a Windows 7

I'd appreciate any help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom