• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A GOOD Resident Evil Movie?

Zero

The Vanished
So we all saw the Resident Evil movies and vomited our lungs out, correct? Well Hollywood it taking a stab at making a movie based on the successful video game series while allowing us to keep all our internal organs.
What's their plan? Replace the bad actors with bad voice actors, and make the whole thing animated! Trailers are as follow:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=v17gWskmvYA&feature=channel

and

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JwgQsyPKEXI

All attitude aside, I actually think the movie looks pretty good, and I'll probably watch it. I believe it's unknown at this time which characters from the games will be appearing in the movie (actually, at least one is seen in the trailers) but there are promises that Degeneration, as the movie is called, will stick closer to the original games.

Zero

The Vanished
I really hope this movie goes well. Movies based off video games and CGI movies both have bad reputations, but maybe this can change that.

Kybyrian

Well, I liked the other Resident Evil movies... .-.

But yeah, a lot of times the game to movie doesn't work out well.

I am as big of an RE fan as I am Zelda, to be honest. The new movie is awesome, by the way. I have seen it, but it is awesome in a different way than the live action ones. I liked the original 3 films, especially Apocalypse. But this new one actually ties in with the game, which makes it kool. It picks up 5 years after RE2, takes place sometime after the events of the last chapter you play in Umbrella Chronicles, and leads into RE5. So it is more apart of the game series than just a movie based off the game.

Nice. It looks very good. I'm a tad excited. :D

But, for the record, I did like the other Resident Evil movies too. The first was my favorite, though.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
As long as it feels like a Resident Evil game put into a movie form I'll be happy.

The other "Resident Evil" movies can go die.

Zero

The Vanished
Well my about my earlier statements, the RE movies weren't terrible as standalone films but the fact that they had the resident evil name and attempted to tie in with the games was really insulting to hardcore fans of the series.

Well my about my earlier statements, the RE movies weren't terrible as standalone films but the fact that they had the resident evil name and attempted to tie in with the games was really insulting to hardcore fans of the series.

True, but the time that they actually done this was the second movie, which in my opinion was the best anyway. The first was designed to be a prequel, so it really didn't mess anything up as far as the game stories go. The second, yeah pretty much screwed up the game's story, then followed by the third. But movies based on games are never just like the games. If they were, they would be too predictable. I think the movie has to capture not only the fans of the game, but an audience who is completely new to the series as a whole. Therefore, they come up with a design that will possibly do that.

True, but the time that they actually done this was the second movie, which in my opinion was the best anyway. The first was designed to be a prequel, so it really didn't mess anything up as far as the game stories go. The second, yeah pretty much screwed up the game's story, then followed by the third. But movies based on games are never just like the games. If they were, they would be too predictable. I think the movie has to capture not only the fans of the game, but an audience who is completely new to the series as a whole. Therefore, they come up with a design that will possibly do that.
Agreed. I rarely expect movies to be exactly like the source material. But it is nice when they are very similar.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
The first part of the first trailor made it look like ****. The rest of it and the whole second trailor made it look terrific. I just wish it wasn't in cartoon form.

Since when does Resident evil make movies?

The first part of the first trailor made it look like ****. The rest of it and the whole second trailor made it look terrific. I just wish it wasn't in cartoon form.

Since when does Resident evil make movies?

They have been making them since like 2001 or so. The first film was released a short time before the remake of RE1 on the Gamecube. The second and third came later on.

But this one actually follows the game's storyline continuity. I think because of this, it was a very good decision to have it CGI, unlike the live action films which were mainly based on the basic idea of the game's story and used many of the plots as well.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
They have been making them since like 2001 or so. The first film was released a short time before the remake of RE1 on the Gamecube. The second and third came later on.

But this one actually follows the game's storyline continuity. I think because of this, it was a very good decision to have it CGI, unlike the live action films which were mainly based on the basic idea of the game's story and used many of the plots as well.

I'm asssuming that the other ones were bad because of the title. It has GOOD all in capital letters. Where the other ones bad?

I'm asssuming that the other ones were bad because of the title. It has GOOD all in capital letters. Where the other ones bad?
A lot of people think so, I believe mainly because their storyline was very different from the one in the games.

I happened to like the old RE movies, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom