1. Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
    Dismiss Notice

A Fan Made Zelda Game/Engine

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Layne-Cobain, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Layne-Cobain

Layne-Cobain

Rupees:
    ◊247
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I've been working on this project for several years now and am finally ready to bring it to the public. The Wind Waker has just been fully implemented in game. Expect a demo video soon. Answering all questions/comments/rants and raves right here right now.

Vanessa28 likes this.
  2. Vanessa28

Vanessa28 Angel of Darkness Staff Member Administrator

Rupees:
    ◊12,257
    That looks very good! Great graphics. What did you use to make this? Are you spending all your free time to this? Dude, that looks very good!

3. Layne-Cobain

Layne-Cobain

Rupees:
    ◊247
    The game is being built in Game Mak er 8.1. I started my project using this engine as a base. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExK7CokEos It's very solid but I've added a lot to it. Master Sword, Mirror Shield, fully functioning wind waker, custom WW style graphics. I'm the sole worker on the project, I took a mini vacation to work on the project, I've been up for over 24 hours grinding, so the compliments are much appreciated. You've made me very confident in my work, thank you so much.

4. Layne-Cobain

Layne-Cobain

Rupees:
    ◊247
  5. DarkoNut

DarkoNut The Living Reciever

Rupees:
    ◊5,487
    Yeah, it looks pretty great. Reminds me of Ocarina of Time 2D, which I loved for the short time it was in development. I hope this project doesn't turn out the same way that did.

6. Layne-Cobain

Layne-Cobain

Rupees:
    ◊247
    Thank you! I'm keeping it super lowkey to minimize the risk of drawing too much attention, at least until it's complete, in which case we're going to plaster it over every face of the internet, like a good virus once it's unleashed they'll never be able to keep people from playing it, just like Another Metroid 2 Remake. Tonight is going to be another big production night, so some sexy new progress should be up within 48 hours.

7. Castle

Castle Ch!ld0fV!si0n

Rupees:
    ◊6,934
    Better hope Ninty don't catch wind of this. They'll shut you down faster than the mere notion of making another modern competitive console (zing!).

Seriously though. I know the whole point is to indulge in Zelda fandom, but if you're ever actually serious about distributing this and especially making any money off of it, you need to seriously consider making it your own intellectual property.