• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Fan Fic.

Hazel

A Frog
@CuccoPower
The sign up thread is still open, check out the first post. :)

@Atsie
Yes, you did catch that one right. You'll find more out now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atsuma grinned, his white teeth shining in the dark and his eyes seeming to glow with an alien light. Someone was doing a good job of entertaining those Arvas and merry laughters bubbled out into the night.“Don't worry... You won't be able to laugh long...” he started to walk towards the camp.
-------

Din nudged Hazel. “Behave...” she whispered into her ear. “They can't suspect everything... Don't ruin it now.” Hazel glowered and went back to explaining how incredible Hyrule is.
-------

Atsuma came nearer to the camp. He unsheathed his sword. He crept closer to the guard...
--------

Din laughed. She was really enjoying herself! Suddenly, she heard a dark, slithery noise. Her heart skipped a beat. It sounded like Atsuma's Nightcutter, his enchanted sword! It must have been her imagination...
-------

Atsuma glowered at the sound. Damn this sword! It was so noisy and annoying. No time to kill the guard by surprise now. He'll have to pass by an other way. He had to get to the centre. If only Strifus was here! He would have blasted away this tight camp in a second. Those Orcs had done their job well enough. Not even a tenth of the Arvas' force remained.
--------

Din listened intently and looked at Hazel, who didn't seem to be sensing anything. Din was imagining things. It had to be that. Atsuma couldn't be here! He was down south! She listened again, but didn't hear anything else, she relaxed.
--------

Atsuma was slipping silently among tents and sleeping bags. He was making it to the centre of the camp. He could hear voices, and the light grew stronger and the temperature warmer. He closed his eyes and listened; but then opened them again in shock. It was a quite deep voice with a strange accent speaking. It was a girl; he was sure of that. She couldn't say the “th”s: instead, she said “d” or “ve”. She also didn't manage to find the right intonations or the right words. “W” also seemed to be hard work: she pronounced them “V”. He had only hear that accent on one person: Din's sidekick, Hazel. He looked around the corner of one tent. There she was, indeed. Traitor! How dare she abandon Din to join the Arvas! Then he looked further around, and his eyes came on... Din. She was sitting there, uneasily glancing around, and her eyes met Atsuma's angry and hurt ones. They suddenly grew fearful and she stood up, pale, and left her place. Atsuma turned and ran away. A single angry tear trickled down his cheek.
---------

Din ran of in the dark and looked back at Hazel, who stared back at her with pale understanding and horror on her face. She managed to catch up with Atsuma.

“Wait! It's not like what you think...” she panted. Atsuma was standing on the brink of a cliff, unmoving, cake and hair flying down behind him. “Please... Listen to me.”

“It's exactly what I think, and don't pretend elsewise.” he replied in a hard voice.

“But–” Din started “Shut up.” Atsuma cut her off quietly. To Din, it felt like a slap. “You were the only person I trusted, Din.” Atsuma continued. He walked one step closer to the edge.

“Atsuma! Listen to me, please!” she begged.

“You were the only person I wanted to protect. You were the only person I wanted to be with forever. You were the only person I could see without hating you. You spat on it all. You spat on my trust!” he turned round and looked at Din, and his eyes were filled with a bottomless pit of hate. He walked closer to the edge.

“Please! Don't do it!” she sobbed. He wasn't going to kill himself, was he? He looked at her again, but disdainfully.

“I'm not going to.” Atsuma growled. Din breathed. “You wouldn't be worth dying for. You're not even worth keeping alive.” He was by her in a flash and grabbed her unresisting body. He snorted bitterly, disdainfully, and dropped her over the edge.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i signed up but i can't have my guy going in unless a danger is afoot

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ouch, poor Din. I hope she is alright. Anyway, brief and fun update, the way I like them. Found a few mistakes, if you want me to point them out just let me know. ^^

Hazel

A Frog
Yes, please, Atsuma. :) Thanks a lot.
------------------------------------

Hazel was sitting next to the camp fire with the Arvas. The conversation, which had been smooth, easy-going and chatty, was now a series of long, awkward silences since Din left. Hazel stood up.

“She... um... probably got lost somewhere.” Hazel stuttered. “I'll go and... um... find her.” A general smell of disbelief oozed from everybody. It tickled her over-sensitive nose, and she sneezed. “I'll be right back!” She started walking as calmly as possible across the camp until she was out of eyesight. Then she ran. Atsuma Gale could be dangerous when angry.

She followed their scent until a cliff, where she found Atsuma facing the other direction, towards the open air, seeming to sway in the strong, cold wind. The moon was pale, and everything seemed dark and frozen, like a parallel dimension, or a gap in reality.

“Gale? What happened?” Hazel said cautiously, her voice not as steady as she would have liked.

“Shut up,” he growled, throwing a look of deep, dark hatred towards her, “you... traitor.” He raised a hand as if to strike her, but lowered it again and simply spat on the ground.

“Where... where's Din?” she whispered, her voice just a breeze this time. She peered around, half-hoping to see her appear out of nowhere. What met her gaze instead was a thick barrier of mist advancing towards them. She shivered despite herself.

“She's...” he smirked and pointed downwards with his thumb. Hazel rushed to the cliff side, which stooped down a sheer façade of about half a kilometre deep. Jagged rocks lined the bottom, and reminded of stakes, patiently waiting to impale their victims. Was that a mangled body, down by the biggest rock? And that, was it the remains of something pushed to it's painful death, much in the same manner as Din? She scanned the sky, but no sign of her.

“I checked. She's dead.” Atsuma's... almost pained voice echoed in the night sky, bouncing against the moonlit trees and echoing down the dangerous drop.

“What!?” Hazel growled. Din couldn't have died! She wouldn't have fallen!

“I've waited, but she never came up. She must have let herself drop.” He sighed, looking afraid and bewildered. The moon cast odd shadows on his face. It almost looked like he was crying. He must have noticed her glance, because he turned his back to her and went back to scanning the rocks below.

Then, suddenly the fog came over them. Hazel glanced around, and even with her enhanced eyesight, she could hardly see her hand, stretched out in front of her. The chasm would not be visible in this weather. She only hoped Atsuma had backed away. It would be terrible for the Fury if he fell.

“Din? Hazel?” a voice called, somewhere to her left. “Shush.” she said to Atsuma. “Stay hidden.” She paused. “Yes? Who's there?” she called out tentatively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom