• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Dungeon Idea I Had...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hey guys I just checked out JuicieJ's latest thread and was going to reply when I had an idea, what if they made a game where they had 1 major dungeon, like a flippin huge dungeon, like 5 times the size of a normal dungeon, okay you get the idea... that in order to progress through it you would need to pick items from various smaller or normal sized dungeons away from the main one? And then when you got through the main dungeon at the end you'd fight Ganon or whoever and rescue Zelda?
Discuss!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It sounds interesting but I'm not sure how it would work. I mean, isn't that sort of how the majority of the final dungeons work in Zelda games anyway? I mean, for example in OoT Ganon's Castle has elements of the other dungeons in it and you have to use the skills you learnt along the way to get through. I think possibly that being the centre of the game might not be best for the whole narrative aspect of it, which is one of the reasons I love the games so much- the story behind it makes it worth playing for me, as does the exploration. Another example of this is the Sky Keep in SS. It has mixtures of the other dungeons in it. But maybe if you took the Sky Keep concept, which is a cool one- the temple is a puzzle in itself you can move around (and to be honest, the Forest Temple in OoT also has some aspects of this)- and mixed it with your idea of a huge dungeon needing items won from normal dungeons, you might have something. Like, a kind of needing the right combination of items at the right time in order to get through the final, more challenging temple.

I feel like that would be a great idea for something like a challenge story in one of the games. Otherwise it just seems almost tedious. it sounds like it would be interesting to see,though, and i would buy that if it came out.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
This sounds kinda like Phantom Hourglass, only on a larger scale. In PH there's the Temple of the Ocean King, which you can travel into until you reach a certain point, and can only stay in for a certain amount of time. You then need to go to the next dungeon to get the thing necessary to continue, such as items, or a longer time limit within the dungeon.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I agree with Draymorath, it sounds very similar to the Temple of The Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass. That was a very large dungeon which could only be explored up to a point before you had to go to other dungeons to retrieve more sand for the Hourglass, if I recall correctly.

Many people didn't like the Temple of The Ocean King but it seems that is mainly because you were on a time limit and you had to redo sections you had already done multiple times. The idea worked somewhat better in Spirit Tracks with the Tower of Spirits because you had no time limit and you also didn't have to repeat previously completed sections but there are still people who did not like doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom