• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Ds Homebrew Zelda

P

pepp

Hey everybody, I am going to make a ds zelda game.
The gameolay is going to be similair to a crossover between minish cap and Oos. It is going to play into Hyrule. If there is anything (an enemy, item, temple idea, boss,NPC,etc.) then say it to me

And you're sure about this? This will take a lot of work, and it'sx always easy to suddenly just lose motivation halfway through. Do you have any ideas for a storyline? For gameplay? Becuase if not, Then it coukld be a long time before you actually start making this.

P

pepp

Yes I have a storyline, a gameplay principe and such.
and it is going to take a long time
and no i dont no it ever finish
but I think it coud be fun making it, so i will give it a try

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Well if you really want a true zelda game you need an incarnation of the hookshot or just the plain hookshot. Ialso have plenty of temple puzzles too,but I'd have to see what items there and what they can do.

P

pepp

Temple names: forest temple, flooded goron mines, maze temple, fallen tower Maybe add more
Item names: hammer, bombs, deku nut shooter, boomerang, ?????
Thanks jetter, you give really advice

Throw in the bow for nostalgia and that it's pretty much a must have :P

Instead of Maze Temple perhaps call it Maze of the (INSERT TRIBE/AREA HERE). That way you're not repeating yourself and it sounds smoother.

Could always use a few spells and charging up your swords for spin attacks, bringing in the magic meter.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
How about to uncover stuff with the hammer you make a shock wave and the ground makes a certain shape on the ground with vibrations you know how Dare Devil can see vibrations when he hits something with his stick. For the hammer again you you can make a wave and a weight goes up on one side and down the other.

P

pepp

maze of the gerudos maybe? because it is into the gerudo desert.
I was also thinking about puting in a mask, totaly extra, and it wil chanche you into wizard link. by sidequests you can learn a few spells and they will make some bosses an minibosses easyer. you also coud use it into the outside world but it will cost lives.
i also have some more information for you guys: It is going to play into the war seen in the intro of a link to the past. The gorons are hided into a hideout into goron mountain. the gerudos are fleed, or all killed. the zoras are angry on the Hylians, because they don't helpet them when zora's domain was attacked. That will also explain why they attack you into Alttp.

I am starting at it on thursday.

P.s. its going to be a computer game, because if it is a ds game i cant at sound

P

pepp

update:
dungeons: forest temple(?????), flooded goron mines(boomerang), maze of the gerudos(shockwave hammer), the fallen tower(?????)
minidungeons: ruins of kokoritown(kokori sword), gerudo training grounds Wizards mask, magic beam)
Items: kokori sword, bow, deku nuts, bombs, wizards mask, shockwave hammer, deku sticks, boomerang
Bosses: shadow gohma (forest temple), dark beast (fallen tower)
Spells: Fire bolt( included by the wizards mask), magic beam (founded into the gerudo trainingsgrounds)

And yes, i am started!!!

P.s. I need ideas for a goron sidequest

Immortal_One

Math is power.
What are you using to make it?
Good luck on it by the way, it'll be a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll be able to find some support here :D

P

pepp

I am using game maker
And yes, it is quite cool that so much people are helping me

P

pepp

If you readed the above posts, you see that I chanched it into a computergame, because it otherwise dont suport sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom