• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Different Perspective

Do you think that it is possible to have a Zelda game that you can play from the evil side. I would think that put a great perspective on what the evil people in Zelda actually do to make the world Link lives in.

What are your thoughts

22hoursstraight:)

This certainly is an interesting possibility and if so should take place on the timeline possibly during the Sealing War. I believe it would truly be fascinating to see things from the villain's perspective, preferably Ganondorf's. Of course, there exists the question of whether or not Nintendo's developers would leave their comfort zone in producing Zelda to program additional player moves for the villain.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say there is a chance they might maybe do something like that eventually. I mean come on, just playing as Link does get kinda boring game after game, but so far it's worked out with no problem. But it may be something they might consider if they decide to revamp the series. This would be a step in the right direction. Now not saying, just playing the evil side alone, but having the option of two different perspectives from each side could be very interesting to say the least.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Nah. Zelda is essentially a story about heroes, adventure, and exploration. There's really nothing to gain from an "evil" story.

I prefer it that way. I always play good characters when I have an option and do not really understand why anyone would want to play as the villain. Fundamentally, nothing needs to be explained about evil in Hyrule; it's evil, and if it has explanations they are never justifications.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Nah. Zelda is essentially a story about heroes, adventure, and exploration. There's really nothing to gain from an "evil" story.

I agree with Hanyou here, but I have something else to add.

While heroism is probably too heavy a subject in the Zelda series to include such a thing as playing like the villain, I think it's interesting to notice how it's gone slightly towards that sometimes by blurring the lines.

Take for example how Ganondorf's motives in Wind Waker could actually be considered good depending on how you look at it and how the king of Hyrule admitted to be like him in a sense, despite being the wise one in that scenario.

Also, I feel that bringing up the now famous Lanayru cutscene from Twilight Princess would be interesting.

[video=youtube;cWlJ2Zk62rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWlJ2Zk62rU[/video]

Maybe playing as the evil one would be going too far, but it's hard to ignore how far they've gone with blurring the lines sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom