• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler A Curious Map Sighting

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
As seen in the Picture below , there is a strange sign on the top left side of the map (the stone slabs that create the map in the subscreen) that makes me think that this area might be the final one(perhaps).I was always curious why the map was so empty (it was never that way in previous games), and i thought they might reveal it later at game.

I know that the map has already revealed but what if nintendo chose the map in the site to be this way , so they dont want to spoil it further. As for the Flash workaround, is saying nothing as elements can be added later in a website/page (I know about this things :) ).

Just my thoughts.

Picture in reference : Map.jpg

PS: Awesome Additions these new Screenshots they reveal a lot of things!!!

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Yeah! I've actually noticed something interesting on the exact spot in the sky's map. There was a large spherical thing in the sky, and from some recent trailers, notably the IGN teaser, a large bulge of clouds can be seen.

EDIT: here's the sky map picture, with the circle thing on the top left:
zelda_skyward_sword_volcano_38.jpg

EDIT 2: here's the bulge of clouds seen from the sky:
SS_-_bulge.png

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
interesting. the only thing i could think to put there is a final dungeon. hopefully final means bigger and harder than all the previous ones this time. if not that then maybe in that spot..... a 2nd quest area?

A

ArgoX

The in-game map looks very similar to the site map, still nothing in that area. I agree there is something there, though, cuz that's where the big cloud mass is. The thing on the stone tablet map could be a compass or something, but I think it's a round type final dungeon. Maybe it's the Tower of the Gods.

Here are a couple of overlays:

Using Skyloft as the matching point:
zsscombomap1.jpg

Using the Sealed Grounds landing spot as the matching point:
zsscombomap2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KurtExpress

I've been wondering this too! I have two answers. 1:In the harp trailer it shows Link flying into the sun and Fi sparkling. If the rumors of this are true then it might be the sun dungeon? 2: Like everyone else said, this might be the bulge of clouds seen in the sky? I have no idea, maybe the final area?

i think the last zone will be in the sky so the map is empty there, cauz if not there will be 2 palce merged on teh map

but i thinks its a small final zone like the twilight realm in tp

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
This is a huge mystery. I'm guessing its where the final dungeon lies. If it's a completely new area with new dungeons, considered me blown away.

I say it clears after Link forges the final Master Sword.

Hmmm. I think that when we defeat the sky whale, that cloud bubble disappears and we gain access to a final dungeon area below.

Hmm, mysterriouuss,

Maybe it's one of the final areas, actually, that's what I'm betting on. I just wonder what type of area it will be. A snow one maybe? There hasn't been any talk of snow or ice areas in SS, strangely.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
I think its where we fight the Sky Whale, to be honest. And I think once we have the Master Sword we can open the area, so it'll be later in the game, probably after we get the last Sword Upgrade in the Second Desert Dungeon.

I think defeating the whale will unlock that place on The Surface, and that'll be the Final Area.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I don't know exactly what to think of the "open section of the map" or the giant swirling cloud. I guess I will just have to wait until the game is released!

V

Vadertje

The Sky Whale refers to the Windfish from Links Awakening. Also I think the Overworld Map looks somewhat like a Triforce. The large area of clouds cannot be seen on this map, so that area stays empty. Instead it must be the final dungeon, to be revealed on the Skyloft map later on in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom