• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Cotton Candy Pokemon? Gamefreak is Officially Running Out of Ideas!

Fig

The Altruist
I like the design of the upcoming Pokemon, and frankly, I welcome everyone design concept that I see everyday so that way I can see if there is some originality. And yes, I do see a lot of originality in this generation! :P

RichardBlaziken

Mr. Blaziken
To the people saying the franchise has become stale:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Ranger
PokePark
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Conquest

There's so many more options if you don't want to do the badges thing, but the main series will continue on this way because that's what this series is about. If it's not for you, pick something else. This should be common sense. They're even adding a Nintendogs feature for people who want that sort of thing, so I mean what do you want, really?

Fig

The Altruist
To the people saying the franchise has become stale:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Ranger
PokePark
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Conquest

There's so many more options if you don't want to do the badges thing, but the main series will continue on this way because that's what this series is about. If it's not for you, pick something else. This should be common sense. They're even adding a Nintendogs feature for people who want that sort of thing, so I mean what do you want, really?

This. See I don't know why many people say that Pokemon is going stale. Clearly, if the franchise was going stale, we would have seen at least half of the entire Pokemon ripped-off from the original generations. The fact that people hate Gen. 6 because of dumb reasons, it just gets me so irritated. I'm sorry for this picture for the vulgarity (you are at your own risk, and I'm sorry if I get banned for this), but this picture is so true when I hear Genwunners:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/643874_217409188416280_828773507_n.jpg

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
A cotton candy Pokemon? OMG that is the greatest thing ever. My party in Y will consist of vanilluxe, eggsecute, and the cotton candy pokemon. Dinner at my house!

They aren't running out of ideas. They are finally confident enough to use their imagination and I love it. I know a lot of people think Gen I is the best, but that's only for nostalgic reasons. If you look at the designs, It's one of the worst. Squirtle is just a turtle that took a bath with blue paint, most of them are just copies of things from real life. Pokémon aren't animals.

I can have a Pidgeon fight a Turtle in real life, so why bother with Pokémon?

Fig

The Altruist
It's official now, I am in love with the new Pokemon! It's so cute and oddly enough reminds me of Kirby! :xd: Hopefully we get to see some form of an evolution for this cute Pokemon! :3

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Honestly, after I've played it through, I'm using all the ridiculous looking cute Pokemon like Swirlex because I can image the epicness of beating Dragons with cotton candy blobs. I love these POkemon!

I agree that changes could be done to make the series less 'stale', but personally, I think they have been changing enough that it isn't too bad of a repeat. Yeah sure, you're collecting 8 badges, defeating the evil team, battling the elite 4, etc... But I think they are going in the right direction, and I find each new game with a new experience and a new world to explore. Also, we can't forget all those other pokemon games that Nintendo has released.

I also want nachos now. Thanks guys, exactly what I need, a craving for fatty, salty, high calorie, albeit delicious and cheesy food. *Makes nachos*

I don't find this cotton candy pokemon to be that uncreative, its very adorable and fluffy. And its not nearly as goofy looking as the ice cream. :p plus, its not like we didn't have food pokemon in gen I, you know, Exeggcute.

Last edited:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
It's cotton candy... that could possibly beat the crap out of... let's say Garchomp. Epic.

Swirlix is going to be a great addition. I don't know why people are bagging on this pokemon when Gen 1 had freaking... Balls... who's evolution was to turn it upside down and make it a bit bigger... Swirlix is creative. If anything, Game Freak is getting more creative. I can't wait to kick *** with Cotton Candy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom