• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Cotton Candy Pokemon? Gamefreak is Officially Running Out of Ideas!

Dan

That does look very cutesy, in x and y I'm going to make it my quest to beat Sir rob up with 6 cute pokemon. This will be one of them. >)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
98757538-wtf.gif

Meh. They are running out of ideas. I'm waiting for my Doritos bag Pokemon tbh. Just give us a revitalized Kanto/Johto and I'm good.

Still, I can't really blame them. All prestigious franchises have gone stale as of late - some have even died (rip Megaman). :yes:

98757538-wtf.gif

Meh. They are running out of ideas. I'm waiting for my Doritos bag Pokemon tbh. Just give us a revitalized Kanto/Johto and I'm good.

Still, I can't really blame them. All prestigious franchises have gone stale as of late - some have even died (rip Megaman). :yes:

Objectively wrong. Try again.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd expect a design like this from the Pokémon franchise, so it's not anything out of the ordinary. I imagine it'll have an interesting evolution to accompany it, so I'm not too worried.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
98757538-wtf.gif

[sarcasm]Oh yes because they had the most creative pokemon in the world[/sarcasm]

No, modern Pokemon designs are terrible. I miss the generic animals of the old days.

Yup, I personally love scouting for my leg fighter, boxer, sludge, blob, puffball, magnet, drag queen, plant, and sprout animals when I go outside!

Clefairy
Clefable
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Magnemite
Magneton
Grimer
Muk
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
HItmonlee
Hitmonchan
Koffing
Weezing
Chansey
Tangela
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Ditto
Porygon
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite

All 1st Gen Pokémon, all not animals.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think y'all kids understood that I was joking about Gen 1 Pokemon. >_>'

And Pokemon HAS gotten stale; it introduces such menial things (bar Pokemon Contest, that was significant) and new Pokemon...but it plays the exact same as the previous entry. Look at CoD and tell me it isn't stale. Yes, it SELLS, but that doesn't mean it isn't stale. Can you sell 100 bags of nacho chips? Definitely! But does that mean your chips aren't stale? Nope. ;)

Kirino

Tatakae
Yup, I personally love scouting for my leg fighter, boxer, sludge, blob, puffball, magnet, drag queen, plant, and sprout animals when I go outside!

• All 1st Gen Pokémon, all not animals.

• Never said all of them were. I was referring to how people say modern Pokemon are unoriginal and generic and praise Gen I's designs when a large amount of them are basically just animals.

but okay

I don't think y'all kids understood that I was joking about Gen 1 Pokemon. >_>'

And Pokemon HAS gotten stale; it introduces such menial things (bar Pokemon Contest, that was significant) and new Pokemon...but it plays the exact same as the previous entry. Look at CoD and tell me it isn't stale. Yes, it SELLS, but that doesn't mean it isn't stale. Can you sell 100 bags of nacho chips? Definitely! But does that mean your chips aren't stale? Nope. ;)

But they're still nachos, and they still taste amazing.

Perhaps some spices have been added to them to increase the flavor? Perhaps you get more nachos in each bag now? Perhaps the packaging is prettier? Your taste for nachos doesn't disappear over the years, that's why so many go back to them, and it continues to taste amazing.

See, I can make stupid analogies too.

@Draco -

My head

Your post ------------------------------------>

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Ventus said:
And Pokemon HAS gotten stale;

You clearly haven't played all of the Pokémon games, so you can only assume the series has gotten stale, of which it hasn't. Just because the designs aren't to your liking does not mean the series is becoming stale. The fact that they implement new ideas constantly prevents the series from becoming stale.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
See, I can make stupid analogies too.

Rather than be a condescending bag of sillies, I'll acknowledge that your analogies were actually pretty good. Right, maybe there were some spices that were added to the bag which increased the flavor (i.e. double battles, triple battles, horde battles). Right, maybe there ARE more nacho chips in each bag (there's like over 600 PKMN at this point). Right, maybe the packaging IS prettier (XY graphics compared to, say, RGBY). But, with the right (wrong?) person, eating the chip will still be stale, hard, and just inedible. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom