• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 A Chicken Hatched? What's a Chicken?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I dunno if anybody else has noticed this, but I was recently playing Ocarina of Time and was doing the Biggoron Sword quest. I just noticed that Nintendo goofed and put in "Chicken" instead of Cucco. When your eggs hatches, you get this message.

Look! A chicken hatched from the egg you were incubating! It's the miracle of life.

Ehh, I just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
There are 2 major differences between a chicken and a cuckoo. 1. you can`t get killed so easily by chickens. 2. chickens are not immortal.(seriously, has anyone ever actually killed a cuckoo?) Therefore, most likely it was a chicken.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
There are 2 major differences between a chicken and a cuckoo. 1. you can`t get killed so easily by chickens. 2. chickens are not immortal.(seriously, has anyone ever actually killed a cuckoo?) Therefore, most likely it was a chicken.

But it WAS immortal. It never died. AND if you could hit it, it may have killed you, but since it's in your items you can't hi it and therefore it will never get angry and kill you. So it's probably a Cucco after all. (Yes it's spelled cucco, I know it doesn't make sense but it's a fact.)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Anju calls it a Cucco. =P

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It was the result of an argument at Nintendo during Ocarina of Time's development.

Kensuke Tanabe, one of the script writers, refused to call chickens 'Cuccoos' because "that's just stupid, Miyamoto-san. Why would you want to be stupid?" but he ultimately failed to convince Miyamoto to see sense and the name Cuccoo stuck.

As a form of protest, Tanabe refered to the Cuccoo which hatchs from the egg as a chicken. In a rare interview with "Passive Agressive Monthly" in 2006, Tanabe had this to say:
I was powerless to convince Miyamoto-san of his monumental blunder. They were chickens! It was clear to everyone but him! Of course, he's known as 'Super Magic Wrinkle-Faced God Man' in the office for a reason so no one dared question him. He didn't concern himself with non-story dialogue so I had the opportunity to try to save Nintendo's reputation by calling it a chicken instead of a Cuccoo. Normally, I would have been sick with guilt at something like that but Miyamoto-san had gone mad with power.

Obviously, when Grezzo came to putting OoT on 3DS they saw the reference to chickens and corrected it, assuming it was just a mistake. So in the end 'Super Magic Wrinkle-Faced God Man' got the last laugh.

It was the result of an argument at Nintendo during Ocarina of Time's development.

Kensuke Tanabe, one of the script writers, refused to call chickens 'Cuccoos' because "that's just stupid, Miyamoto-san. Why would you want to be stupid?" but he ultimately failed to convince Miyamoto to see sense and the name Cuccoo stuck.

As a form of protest, Tanabe refered to the Cuccoo which hatchs from the egg as a chicken. In a rare interview with "Passive Agressive Monthly" in 2006, Tanabe had this to say:

Obviously, when Grezzo came to putting OoT on 3DS they saw the reference to chickens and corrected it, assuming it was just a mistake. So in the end 'Super Magic Wrinkle-Faced God Man' got the last laugh.

Jerk. Did it really matter? No. The game was not ruined, that's obvious considering that it sold what, 7.6 million copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom