• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
...How are a jester and a Bomb useful to the town? A bomb is usually not with the town, right? They could be just as useful, if they manage to take out Mafia or third Party. And a jester wouldn't be beneficial either, even if we would want them alive. They are third party, after all.

I'm pretty certain that the Bomb is usually a role aligned with the Town, as an attempt to make the Godfather think more carefully. If they were third party, how would they win? All they could do is lay low and hope not to be killed, which in my opinion would be a stupid thing to do because it encourages them to be fairly inactive.

The Jester role is usually inactive, but they have two options, win with the Town or win by themselves, which involves getting themselves lynched. Therefore, you don't want to Lynch the Jester.

The point is, if you lynch the Jester, you automatically lose the game. Do you want that? Likewise, when you lynch the bomb, someone is going to die with him. We don't want that either. In other words, we need to avoid the Jester and Bomb, not kill him/her. Thus beneficial to us to keep him/her alive.

So basically, this is what I am trying to say. Although the Bomb is usually activated by being nightkilled, but there are variations. Anyway, you don't want to make the Mafia think that there is a Bomb as they will try and get the Bomb killed during the day, thus making the night period safer for the Godfather. You want the Godfather to accidentally hit the Bomb during night, thus killing himself.

Finally, think about it mathematically. In theory, any third party wants to work with the Town to kill off the Mafia to increase their chances or winning to a maximum. An upside to this is that the 3rd Party counts as an extra man. Say there were 4 Mafia and 7 Town, plus a third party. For the Mafia to win, they have to kill off 4 people, not three. And if the 3rd party is a role such as the Serial Killer, then the Mafia have to kill 5. So really, it works in the Town's favour overall.

Plus they make it harder for the Mafia to win. A really good example of this was in Batman Mafia in which the Serial Killer was helping the Town by trying to kill off the Mafia instead of aiming to kill any power roles which were a threat. By doing this, the Mafia's victory was put off for several weeks.

Kybyrian

Durion said:
All they could do is lay low and hope not to be killed, which in my opinion would be a stupid thing to do because it encourages them to be fairly inactive.

In other words, survivor. Except bomb would be like survivor with a twist. I'm pretty sure the bomb is almost always 3rd party. Terms to win would be to be standing when one other party is defeated.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Vote: Xinnamin

Okay, I'm dead. Anyways, Accelerator, whoever you are, whoever you targeted last night, he was a Saint. Seems to have been "immortal" but your attack made him mortal. There is another Saint, but unlike the one who was attacked, the other Saint does not have malicious intentions. You do with this information what you will, since I only half know what it means myself.

Austin

Austin
Xinnamin - 3 (Kybyrian, TheMasterSword, Xinnamin [lol])
MadameMajora - 1 (Jedizora)
Jedizora - 1 (Jimmy)

Komoe-Sensei's audio diary

Oh no... it's that time again. Everyone's come to a decision and now they're going to take someone else out. Sensei always hates this time.

*bang*

kyaaaa.... Sensei is never prepared for that. I should go over and see what they did...

It seems they attacked the one referring to themselves as Xinnamin. She now appears to be a fragile woman... no wait, that's a man. Xinnamin was Aleister Crowley, the Townie Seer!

~Incapacitated~
Thareous - Unabara Mitsuki (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1)
Kazumi - Kamijou Touma (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)
Erebea - Terra of the Left (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)
Majora's Cat - Tsuchimikado Motoharu (Townie Cop, lynched Day 2)
Axle the Beast - Index Librorum Prohibitorum (Townie Analyst, targeted Night 2)
Xinnamin - Aleister Crowley (Townie Seer, lynched Day 3)

~Remaining~
TheMasterSword
Nicole
MadameMajora
Kybyrian
Durion
Jimmy
Jedizora
Djinn
Destiny
David

Night period begins. Everyone, you know what to do. Get your decisions to me as fast as you can so we can get playing again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin

Austin
Komoe-Sensei's audio diary

It was a normal night last night, except for this one unpleasant shout we heard. It was around five in the morning and and we all woke up to the sound of someone close by outside shouting something like "Let's try and see you survive this again!" accompanied by that high-pitched giggle Sensei heard from the other night. We all waited an hour or so for the sun to come up before going out, and then we went towards where we believe we heard the noise from. There was the mess of gore that we saw when Erebea was killed (Sensei screamed and ran away once we saw that), and the people who stayed around identified the remains as belonging to MadameMajora, who turned out to be Acqua of the Back, the Mafia Saint!

After that, we noticed that Jimmy wasn't with us, nor was he in our sleeping area. Sensei accompanied everyone else to try and find him. After about a half hour or searching, we found what had to be Jimmy, a young girl with a pair of odd-looking goggles strapped to her head. This was enough to identify her as Misaka Imouto #9967. She looked badly injured, so we put her with the other injured people and moved onto the day investigation. Just like the first night, it appears to be a wash. We found one bad guy but lost a member of our team. Sensei is saddened, but she knows she has to focus in order to help with the investigation today.

~Incapacitated~
Thareous - Unabara Mitsuki (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1)
Kazumi - Kamijou Touma (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)
Erebea - Terra of the Left (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)
Majora's Cat - Tsuchimikado Motoharu (Townie Cop, lynched Day 2)
Axle the Beast - Index Librorum Prohibitorum (Townie Analyst, targeted Night 2)
Xinnamin - Aleister Crowley (Townie Seer, lynched Day 3)
MadameMajora - Acqua of the Back (Mafia Saint, targeted Night 3)
Jimmy - Misaka Imouto #9967 (targeted Night 3)

~Remaining~
TheMasterSword
Nicole
Kybyrian
Durion
Jedizora
Djinn
Destiny
David

Day ends on the 20th. Five votes for a majority lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:

David

But you called me here...
Should have gone with MadameMajora yesterday. Turns out my suspicions against her were valid. Also, such a shame that Jimmy had to die. He did lots of scum hunting and was one of the most active in the game. Time to look through the thread again. Lets keep this game moving.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I'm still here, guys. Unfortunately my mother is being annoying and I have limited computer access. I may be asking for an extension if I can't post more between now and the deadline. In the meantime, yes, this is just fluff letting you know I'm still around.

Jedizora

:right:
Well, I was right about MadameMajora. That would be 2 mafia left, I think. According to the wiki, There is 2 Members of the group that the other two belonged to. Anyway, I'm going to go look though the thread, and post back with any findings.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I still think Jedizora's acting scummy, and seeing as how I've had most of my computer privileges revoked and might not have as much time to participate as I'd like, I'm going to...

Vote: Jedizora

Let's get this thing started.

In other words, survivor. Except bomb would be like survivor with a twist. I'm pretty sure the bomb is almost always 3rd party. Terms to win would be to be standing when one other party is defeated.

Well according to the Mafia wiki that I forget the name of, it is commonly a Townie role, so I guess it could go either way. However, it seems more sensible to have it as a Townie role in my eyes.

Well assuming that the ratio of the deaths is going to continue, it looks like there are still two Mafia out there. Now, I'm not very familiar with the theme of this game, but I'm going to assume that the other two are along the lines of *Something* to the front and *Something* to the right. Do we have any ideas what the other role could be that isn't Godfather?

I also lack time to actually play the game at the minute, as I am in the middle of my most important trio of exams so far, starting tomorrow. As the days in this game tend to be rather short, I am going to give Jedizora 24 hours to respond, if he doesn't post then I'll place my vote on him on the assumption that I will have little to no time to comment further in this day.

Jedizora

:right:
I also lack time to actually play the game at the minute, as I am in the middle of my most important trio of exams so far, starting tomorrow. As the days in this game tend to be rather short, I am going to give Jedizora 24 hours to respond, if he doesn't post then I'll place my vote on him on the assumption that I will have little to no time to comment further in this day.
I already posted today. I can't say much for my defense right now(Without Claiming, which isn't something I'd do without many votes against me, as You'll see later) , as I believe there is nothing for me to defend. My posts seem okay enough, although that may because it was me posting that. And that sounded much scummier then intended, Heh.

Anyway, I think TheMasterSword is suspicious. Most of his posts have little to no arguments, and all the others are fluff.
Vote: TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I already posted today. I can't say much for my defense right now(Without Claiming, which isn't something I'd do without many votes against me, as You'll see later) , as I believe there is nothing for me to defend. My posts seem okay enough, although that may because it was me posting that. And that sounded much scummier then intended, Heh.

Anyway, I think TheMasterSword is suspicious. Most of his posts have little to no arguments, and all the others are fluff.

I mean, recently you have been acting scummy, and also need I truly explain all of my voting? I don't see you do it that often. Anyway I didn't truly mind if I die, it'll be a loss for the bulk of you that are still left. Bt do as you please I won't stop you.

Right, well that defense did nothing to help your cause in my eyes.

Kybyrian

Pretty sure I already FoS'd Jedizora and explained, so I don't really need to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom