• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

Just so everyone is aware, I have been reading, just not posting. I thought about voting Thareous earlier, but didn't because I really don't understand the whole "jumping around" thing. Looks like a lot of people are overestimating the seriousness of the tones of some people here on the first day. It seems mostly like confusion has placed the votes thus far.

I didn't get it myself either until these posts:

You seem to be targeting quite a few people, getting their minds all our minds on what they'd be. Meanwhile, I see it as directing the attention away from you. That, to me, gives off an air of Mafia deception.

Vote: Jimmy

You seem to be targeting quite a few people, getting all our minds on what they would (might) be.

Blasted mind-boggling typo, but fixed it means you aim to turn us against each other, make us greatly suspicious of one another while you slip through undetected.

Flip-flopping actually makes more sense than pointing out the inconsistencies of several people, especially when it comes the beginning day. But it appears we're past that phase, so there is no harm in growing serious. There you have good reason, as quite a few of us have partaken in moved on from the preliminary silliness.

I hold to my vote.

Potential attention. Nobody's targeted him yet, and he's played very legitimately, that's true. But he's making people suspicious of others while he moves along, uncontested. It is an obscure thought, I understand, but one worth noting I think. And to borrow your term, he's doing it by leveling accusations toward the targets he mentioned beforehand. Nothing questionable in and of itself in that respect, but Mafia is a game about deception and it's best all routes are covered, such as this.

I'll concede with you here, since my vote was based solely on guesswork and lacked evidence to back it up.

Unvote: Jimmy

Issue is mainly him voting for Jimmy for legitimate scumhunting, and then backing off after too much pressure.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well damn it guys, stop posting so fast. I'm sticking with my vote on Thareous. Either he is scum, a jester, a bomb, or he is just a Noob townie. Actually, He has only played one game before if I remember correctly, and that was a beginners game that he never posted in and was abandoned. So yes, possibly a Noob, but I think its more likely Noob scum. Or a jester...I hope he isn't, at least. Although Austin doesn't seem like the type to put on in his game, as Xinn mentioned a few pages back.

I guess you have a point. I was just saying that his post seemed suspicious, sort of obviously so. "Noob" was the only word I could really use, although I suppose begineer would work out well also. Didn't really mean it as a insult. =\

Well, thing is I can be termed as a newbie in some fields. For example, I don't know what a "bomb" is Mafia-wise, and cannot for the life of me figure out what FoS stands for. "Jester" is more of a word I can familiarize myself with, but I guarantee that's not the case, because I am playing seriously.

With all that said, no offense taken. ;)

EBWODP:

Issue is mainly him voting for Jimmy for legitimate scumhunting, and then backing off after too much pressure.

You know what, I was doing some legitimate scumhunting as well, but it went off with a bad hunch. There, coupled with the rising amount of votes, is the reason that I pulled back. Until then I'm keeping my eyes peeled for viable mischief, and like Sauron's Eye atop his tower in Mordor my gaze is slowly making its way towards you.

Last edited:
Well, thing is I can be termed as a newbie in some fields. For example, I don't know what a "bomb" is Mafia-wise, and cannot for the life of me figure out what FoS stands for. "Jester" is more of a word I can familiarize myself with, but I guarantee that's not the case, because I am playing seriously.

With all that said, no offense taken. ;)

A bomb is a player that if killed at night will kill their killer, and die in the process. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bomb
FoS = Finger of Suspicion, basically a way of saying that you are thinking of voting for a person. A lot of people find it kind of pointless, because if you are suspicious of someone you usually state it in the post anyway. But for people skimming when re-reading it has its uses.
A Jester is someone who wins if they get themselves lynched. If they get nightkilled or survive til the endgame they lose. Most mods don't use them because its hard to balance the game with them in. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jester

I sort of want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but as someone pointed out earlier a noob town and a noob mafia play quite similarly. If I find a more convincing case for someone else I'll revote, but for now it stands.

You know what, I was doing some legitimate scumhunting as well, but it went off with a bad hunch. There, coupled with the rising amount of votes, is the reason that I pulled back. Until then I'm keeping my eyes peeled for viable mischief, and like Sauron's Eye atop his tower in Mordor my gaze is slowly making its way towards you.
...Sauron was the badguy. :xd:

Look I get what you're saying, but from my perspective you still accused someone on the basis of them doing legitimate scum-hunting. Hunch or not, I find that to be the most suspicious thing in the game thus far.

I sort of want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but as someone pointed out earlier a noob town and a noob mafia play quite similarly. If I find a more convincing case for someone else I'll revote, but for now it stands.
Ya, I'm basically with Jimmy on this. Until something else jumps out, my vote stands. There's a reasonable chance you're town, but there are no better alternatives at the moment, and with your playstyle it could still be a 50% chance you turn out to be scum.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Sorry I haven't been posting a lot, I'm pretty busy (playing Skyward Sword LIKE MAD cuz I just got it for Christmas ;p) I'll read and catch up later, promise.

but for now: Unvote: Josh

Soooo... it's been hours, and nothing's happened. Doesn't seem like anyone intends to reverse the bandwagon on Thareous, so can we get two more votes in here for a majority lynch or something? Or I guess Austin will just end it today since it's the deadline...

Austin

Austin
Xinnamin - 1 (Nicole)
Thareous - 7 (Jedizora, Jimmy, Axle the Beast, TheMasterSword, David, Majora's Cat, Kazumi)
Nicole - 1 (Josh)

Nine votes for a majority. Day ends at 9:00 PM EST tonight.

Soooo... it's been hours, and nothing's happened. Doesn't seem like anyone intends to reverse the bandwagon on Thareous, so can we get two more votes in here for a majority lynch or something? Or I guess Austin will just end it today since it's the deadline...

Yeah that does seem to be about it for today. I'd rather people voted what they really thought rather than pushing for a majority when the game will run to deadline soon anyway. If we follow that policy it makes it too easy for scum to bandwagon and claim they were doing it to move the game along.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
eeeh, might as well. Vote: Thareous

EBWODP: wait, is it night? Crap. Oh mod please don't hurt me I'm a screw-up >.<

Last edited:

EBWODP: wait, is it night? Crap. Oh mod please don't hurt me I'm a screw-up >.<

Pretty sure there is another hour to go until Austin shuts up shop. At any rate until he posts that it's night (and locks the topic) you are fine.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Well great, you're offline right now. But why exactly did you vote for me, besides for the reason "might as well", which infers that you are voting merely for the reason that everyone else did?

FoS: MadameMajora

Maybe if when I leave this will help determine at least one member of the Mafia faction.

Austin

Austin
FINAL VOTE TALLY

Xinnamin - 1 (Nicole)
Thareous - 8 (Jedizora, Jimmy, Axle the Beast, TheMasterSword, David, Majora's Cat, Kazumi, MadameMajora)
Nicole - 1 (Josh)

Komoe-Sensei's audio diary
*yawn*
Unhh. It's been a long day and Sensei is getting exhausted. The others are still debating with each other and getting quite loud. Sensei doesn't like arguments so she left for a bit... Ah! I dozed off for a bit and then I hea- oh! They're calling me over. It sounds like they've made a decision. They've surrounded one man who's starting to look a bit nervous.

*Komoe-sensei yelps*

There was a flash of light! What was that!? It looks like they've taken care of it without me, those kids will never learn... what's that? It looks like they cast some sort of spell to put whoever they were encircling into a coma. Ehhhhh!?!? He looks different now! Angel Fall no longer affects him! Now we can find out who it is!

Oh dear... it seems as if everyone was a bit hasty in their decision. The man they put into a coma won't be coming out of it anytime soon, so he'll have to sit out for the rest of the investigation. The sun is going down and everyone is going to sleep. Sensei should probably join them....

Thareous was Unabara Mitsuki, a Vanilla Townie.

The night period is now starting. Mafia, please get in contact with your godfather to coordinate your strategy. Anyone else with a night ability, please PM me your choices within two days.

~Incapacitated~
Thareous - Unabara Mitsuki (Vanilla Townie)

~Remaining~
Xinnamin
TheMasterSword
Nicole
Majora's Cat
MadameMajora
Kybyrian
Kazumi
Josh
Jimmy
Jedizora
Erebea
Djinn
Destiny
David
Axle the Beast

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin

Austin
Komoe-Sensei's audio diary
Sensei is still confused after this morning's events. We all woke up early to get to investigating, but then we realized some of us weren't there! Apparently a few of us moved around during the night, and not everyone came back. We split up into two groups to find everyone, and both groups came back with news.

The group Sensei went with found the one referring to himself as Kazumi completely burnt up! He appeared to still be alive but he won't be helping us anytime soon. Sensei became quite distressed when she found out who he really was though! Kazumi was Kamijou Touma, a Townie Roleblocker!

We went back to the center of town to share our news, and a few minutes after we got there the other group returned as well. After they told us their story, Sensei became very glad that she wasn't chosen to go with that group! Apparently, they found the splattered remains of the man who referred to himself as Erebea. They had quite a difficult time identifying him because of the way his mangled corpse ended up. They said it was as if all his bodily fluids were reversed and sped up causing him to explode! They managed to find intact pieces of his clothing, however, enough to identify him as Terra of the Left, a Mafia roleblocker!

Sensei is exhausted by all this news, but she knows she has to keep it together. Everyone is counting on me to oversee today's investigation, and I won't let them down!

~Incapacitated~
Thareous - Unabara Mitsuki (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1)
Kazumi - Kamijou Touma (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)
Erebea - Terra of the Left (Roleblocker, targeted Night 1)

~Remaining~
Xinnamin
TheMasterSword
Nicole
Majora's Cat
MadameMajora
Kybyrian
Josh
Jimmy
Jedizora
Djinn
Destiny
David
Axle the Beast

The day ends on the 8th. If you don't reach a majority lynch (7 votes), whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched at that time. I apologize for the long night period, they will be shorter from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom