• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Bigger Role for Zelda.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I'm pretty sure there might have already been another thread for this, but i'm not gonna search through 786 threads to find out. anyway, i was thinking it would be cool to have zelda have a bigger role. I know she actually helped you fight ganon in TP and WW etc. but i think nintendo should develop zeldas character a bit more than "damsel in distress". I don't mean that she should become a playable character (ok maybe in a spinoff game)* but just have a more distinct character.

god forbid.

/Users/hugh/Desktop/DownloadedFile.jpeg

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I totally agree. She has been having a more active role throughout the games; for example she's a lot of help in Spirit Tracks, and she assists Link in escaping Ganon's collapsing tower in Ocarina of Time. Then there are the final battles in Twilight Princess (actually haven't gotten there yet) and Wind Waker. I think that Zelda should definetly have a more active role like accompanying Link in human form.

/Users/hugh/Desktop/DownloadedFile.jpeg

You can't link a picture directly from your computer. Since you downloaded it, you should just link to the picture on the net. Either that, or host it.

Anyway, I agree that Zelda should be more involved. Maybe a sidekick a la Spirit Tracks. I haven't played it myself, but it seems like works pretty well. Maybe an optional 2 player Zelda/Link coop? If she isn't involved in gameplay, then at least make her more involved in the story. Seeing her in just a few cut scenes doesn't really do the trick. It is the Legend of Zelda after all.

Djinn

and Tonic
Zelda has been a little more hands on and helpful in OoT, WW, and ST. So she has been more than just the princess you rescue at the end of the game in a few of her appearances. She was actually very helpful in WW and joined in the final fight with a weapon of her own.

As a sidekick type of character she might be able to work out although I am unsure as what she could do that would make her as useful as Navi or Midna in a partner role. It would be similar to guiding Medli and Makar around in the dungeons in WW if not done well. But as an optional player character instead of Link? She would have to be someone like Sheik or Tetra to play the part of the hero. And technically neither one of them were raised or lived as a princess (at least not for very long), they had a hard life out in the world like Link.

Normally though it would be a break from storytelling tradition for the princess of the kingdom to go out on the adventure with the hero and help rescue the lands from whatever dark forces that have taken over. Slaying monsters and fighting the dark hordes along with the hero. Especially if the setting is not some type of barbarian kingdom with warrior tradition nobility ruling it. Adventuring/questing heroes do not always originate from the royal families, it does happen occasionally only it is rare. Link is almost always that everyman peasant that discovers their destiny as a hero and goes out on the adventure. That type of lifestyle would better prepare him for all the hardships of the adventuring lifestyle a over than someone raised in the royal castle. So I believe this would only work is Nintendo adds another a non traditional Zelda such as Tetra.

So I believe this would only work is Nintendo adds another a non traditional Zelda such as Tetra.

I would enjoy it if they did. Anyone ever seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? Picture Nausicaa as princess Zelda in SS. Fits pretty well to me.

Edit:

Nausicaa Trailer It's an absolutely fantastic movie. But in regards to this topic, princess Nausicaa uses her glider to fly around to help collect resources for her people. She is a lot more active than your run of the mill princess. I would love to see Zelda in this manner.

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I would enjoy it if they did. Anyone ever seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? Picture Nausicaa as princess Zelda in SS. Fit's pretty well to me.
The name rings a bell for me. I'll find it. I liked Zelda as Sheik; she assisted Link and was proactive to protect herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom