• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art A Beast of Burden

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Alright, just to put something here...

The best piece of fan art for the anime/manga Trigun I ever made.

It's a "Thomas" from Trigun - weird horse/ostrich cross, dinosaur-bird thing riding creature in the series. The cowboys, gunslingers and insurance agents of the "new west" deep space planet use these instead of horses.

Not bothering to use Photobucket since I don't think many people here are interested in Trigun. The fandom is essentially dead. I made this some time ago and he still guards the Trigun Maximum mangas on my bookshelf - along with his brother, a less- well done sculpture of his species.

I'm thinking of doing something like this for Epona (probably TP version), but I am awaiting my chance to get some white horsehair for it. I'm in a position where I can get some very "genuine" materials, but I'm waiting for someone at my work to gift me with some good *long* mane/tail hair brushed from one of the white horses. I have plenty of scrap fabric and other doo-dads to sew up a little saddle and dressings.

Question: Does this general "Fan" works area have to be "fan" for things? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a general art area encompassing both fan works (for non-Zelda things) AND originals? The bulk of my own artwork is original stuff. I'm at a loss if I want to exhibit any of my painted animal skulls or if I am trying to solicit some constructive criticism on my lastest in-progress mediocre novel if all things must be "fan." My "fan" lately has been Zelda-geared, the rest of my work original.

Very nice piece of work there Shadsie.

Question: Does this general "Fan" works area have to be "fan" for things? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a general art area encompassing both fan works (for non-Zelda things) AND originals? The bulk of my own artwork is original stuff. I'm at a loss if I want to exhibit any of my painted animal skulls or if I am trying to solicit some constructive criticism on my lastest in-progress mediocre novel if all things must be "fan." My "fan" lately has been Zelda-geared, the rest of my work original.

No. Its just a general name, basically because I couldn't think of anything better at the time. This section is anything and everything you want to put, game-relative or not. Everything that is not Zelda goes here. Everything that is Zelda goes in Zelda Fan Works. I'll likely change the name here slightly once I think of something better-fitting.

K

kareembromley

Shadsie, nice job huh! Just found out your avatar is related to your piece! Sure you do like eagles... :) Have you tried amazon affiliate software? No wonder many people on the web get richer almost everyday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom