• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A 2D Zelda Switch

Djinn

and Tonic
For all the updated versions of classic Mario games Nintendo has released over the years, they have never really done the same for Zelda at all. They seem to be more intent on upgrading the later games like OOT and WW, but the NES and SNES ones have never really seen an update like the SNES and GBA graphics and gameplay updates of the Mario series. I still want my 16/32 bit remakes of Loz, AOL, and ALTTP.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
For all the updated versions of classic Mario games Nintendo has released over the years, they have never really done the same for Zelda at all. They seem to be more intent on upgrading the later games like OOT and WW, but the NES and SNES ones have never really seen an update like the SNES and GBA graphics and gameplay updates of the Mario series. I still want my 16/32 bit remakes of Loz, AOL, and ALTTP.
I'd love to see flashy new coats of paint on some of these old 2D games but I'm more than content with the re-releases Nintendo has done for them. If Nintendo were to "update" any of the 2D games, I don't think of be content with them. The only tweaked remake I've liked so far have been WWHD and FSAnn. And I still had problems with WWHD.

Remakes allow new players to get into old games which is great, but as someone who has played theoriginal games, remakes usually introduce or remove things that I'd prefer they didn't. Sure, it's mostly nostalgia (the reason I'd prefer LA over LADX, unless you count the screen jumping glitch), but it's no less valid for that. Given the choice between all of the 2D games getting "updated" releases or getting ported as a collection in their original, unaltered forms (starting to feel like a Star Wars theatrical version apologist), I'd choose the original games.

• The Zelda fanbase will buy anything with the Zelda name attached to it (Wind Waker is proof of this)

i agree with you on this but i think that applies much and much more for BotW, which is something that is completely different to what a zelda game is or has been, a game in which they put in a few things related to zelda and gave it zelda name but for all others things it just is not (really) a zelda game

i'm not saying it's not a good game (certainly a decent to good game) i'm just saying it's not really a zelda game, it could have been made by any other developer plagiarizing some MINOR zelda things and sorta naming the game like that too

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
thank you for necroing this, I found love at first sight

i agree with you on this but i think that applies much and much more for BotW, which is something that is completely different to what a zelda game is or has been, a game in which they put in a few things related to zelda and gave it zelda name but for all others things it just is not (really) a zelda game

i'm not saying it's not a good game (certainly a decent to good game) i'm just saying it's not really a zelda game, it could have been made by any other developer plagiarizing some MINOR zelda things and sorta naming the game like that too
marry me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom