• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time A 2-D Zelda Remake: A Good or Bad Idea?

L

linkguy

So, uh...yeah. Do you really think a 2-D Zelda remake is a good idea, or not? Explain in your posts.
Personally, yes...sorta. While I would prefer Nintendo working on an all new title rather than a remake, a really good fangame would be nice, with some updated graphics and instruments (ala BS Zelda) changes in the enemies and bosses so that there isn't an abundance of red and blue versions of the exact same enemy and there wouldn't be a bunch of boss duplicates. Maybe some Heart Pieces to increase the replay value or something? I dunno.

-prepares flame shield-

I don't want nintendo to make a remake of anything. I would like it if they released a new game on WII WARE with lttp or mc graphics. A fan remake would be nice, though they would need to do more than change colors around. They would need to do some of the other things u mentioned.

CZG

Look at the new MArio for the Wii!
Look at Smash Brothers!

They can do something good!
No remakes, just a new story!

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Look at the new MArio for the Wii!
Look at Smash Brothers!

They can do something good!
No remakes, just a new story!

Yeah, um, I'm not really sure what you're even saying here.

CZG aside, giving us a graphical/music update for the original LoZ for DSiWare would be a nice little side project that they could honestly just give to Koji Kondo for music and... well, even someone like Ubisoft or THQ could handle the graphics. I mean, Zelda Classic already has like three remakes of the original. An AoL update for DSiWare would be nice, too, but I think LttP is fine as it is.

CZG

Oh you were talking about top-view 2D games..... I see.
Well, I was talking about a brand new Adventure of Link (like Zelda 2 from the NES, only way cooler)

Don't you think THAT could be awesome? I mean, there are a lot of those top-down-view games in the series, only one sidescrolling battle thing. Even though the ones from above a the real deal, I loved Zelda 2 just as much.

There was a Zelda II remake being made, it got canceled. But a 2D remake these days would be pointless. Now a new, godly 2D Zelda title would be great.

I don't want nintendo to make a remake of anything. I would like it if they released a new game on WII WARE with lttp or mc graphics. A fan remake would be nice, though they would need to do more than change colors around. They would need to do some of the other things u mentioned.
There was a Zelda II remake being made, it got canceled. But a 2D remake these days would be pointless. Now a new, godly 2D Zelda title would be great.
These.

I wouldn't terribly mind if they made a 3D remake of the a 2D game, but it wouldn't really accomplish much or add anything to the series. I'd really love a new 2D game, though. WiiWare. DSi. I don't really care. I just want a new freaking 2D game. The sprites were always beautiful, as was the gameplay. In fact, some of the series' best games are 2D. It's foolish for them to drop it like they seem to be doing. -.-

CZG

Having, for example, ALttP in 3D wouldn't be quite the same now would it?
I vote no on this one.

A new adventure is always welcome, either 2D or 3D. The only problem of the 3D ones, seems that battles aren't really tough. You are lucky to find a Darknut or something.

I always wished to have a 3D room just about as small as a LoZ room, then cram it full of Darknuts, Wizzrobes, Like Likes and whatnot and fight them in a cool 3D way, like the Iron Knuckles in Majora's Mask. You know, with the sidejumps, the backflip, jump attack.... Put five or so of them in the same room, now that's classic Zelda gameplay!

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Remake with rpg gameplay like other zelda games is a good idea. But remake with original gameplay is a bad idea.

Having, for example, ALttP in 3D wouldn't be quite the same now would it?
I vote no on this one.

A new adventure is always welcome, either 2D or 3D. The only problem of the 3D ones, seems that battles aren't really tough. You are lucky to find a Darknut or something.

I always wished to have a 3D room just about as small as a LoZ room, then cram it full of Darknuts, Wizzrobes, Like Likes and whatnot and fight them in a cool 3D way, like the Iron Knuckles in Majora's Mask. You know, with the sidejumps, the backflip, jump attack.... Put five or so of them in the same room, now that's classic Zelda gameplay!
Yeah, you've got a good point there. Aside from the new 3D plane, the level design just hasn't been the same. Things were a lot rougher back then.

Although I think five OoT or MM Darknuts in the same room might be a bit much. They do four hearts of damage! :xd:

Ikana

Trollkastel
I wouldn't mind a 2-D remake,if they don't ruin it.Five Draknuts from MM I think that would be impossible.They take too much damage

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
There's already a remake of the NES Zelda, called "BS Zeruda no Densetsu" and was available for the Satellaview add-on for the SNES.
The graphics and music are in 16 bits instead of 8, and they look pretty good.
All Nintendo had to would be compiling the episodes in one game, take off the internal clock and voilá.
They could make a DS game with both that and BS Ancient Stone Tablets, but, I know it'll never happen, probably

Steve

5/19/13
I would go for an A Link to the Past remake, however that is essentially what Ocarina of Time was. Otherwise, I'd say a 3D remake of The Adventure of Link, keeping the side-scrolling so it's similar to the New Super Mario Bros. games. XD

I also wouldn't mind a Minish Cap remake, mostly because I want to see a 3D Vaati, which would be bad@$$, but also it was an overall good game, and would be interesting with the gamin style of the newer console titles.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
A Link to the Past needs no remakes, even though Eiji Aonouma said that if he ever remade a Zelda game, it would be it.

Steve

5/19/13
I was stating my opinion, thank you very much, but also that is why included the part about Ocarina of Time. And even though Aonuma said such, this thread is pointless by that logic; this is about what should be remade, not what will be remade. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom