• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A 1st Person Zelda Title..?

Would you like a 1st Person Zelda Title?

• Yas

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Nu

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

R.Somethin

A Bundle of Random $#!+
If there was a new LoZ title that is primarily based on First Person Views of Link.
-How would it be?
-Would It make the game Better? Worse?
-What would you think Combat Would be like in a First person View?
-Did you know you can do this with Minecraft Mods?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If there was a new LoZ title that is primarily based on First Person Views of Link.
-How would it be?
-Would It make the game Better? Worse?
-What would you think Combat Would be like in a First person View?
-Did you know you can do this with Minecraft Mods?

Nope, nope, nope, nope. I really, really don't like first person, I reluctantly tolerate it with Skyrim because I can toggle to third person whenever possible. And Minecraft is an exception because it's more about the blocks than anything else. But Zelda would be ruined if made into first person. Combat would be a pain, exploration would be a pain, the gameplay in general would be a pain.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think so. You couldn't really pull off back slices or anything fancy like that in a first person Zelda.

I like elder scrolls because of the world but the combat is very basic and I can't see the reason that would be done to Zelda when it does what it does so well.

1kKdATc.jpg

Frankly, I liked how Wind Waker HD allowed you to switch freely between first person and third person mode depending on the weapon you were trying to use. They should have added that to the Twilight Princess re-release.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Frankly, I liked how Wind Waker HD allowed you to switch freely between first person and third person mode depending on the weapon you were trying to use. They should have added that to the Twilight Princess re-release.

For certain items, yes, that worked. I liked it.

But it wouldn't work with the rest of the game, I feel.
I don't think so. You couldn't really pull off back slices or anything fancy like that in a first person Zelda.

Remember in Oblivion, how you could roll if you had a high enough agility, I think it was? And did you ever try it in first-person view? I was awful!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For certain items, yes, that worked. I liked it.

But it wouldn't work with the rest of the game, I feel.

Remember in Oblivion, how you could roll if you had a high enough agility, I think it was? And did you ever try it in first-person view? I was awful!
I almost exclusively play elder scrolls in first person so I know how bad it would be to replace what we have in the Zelda series with anything like that.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I almost exclusively play elder scrolls in first person so I know how bad it would be to replace what we have in the Zelda series with anything like that.

I can't. I tried, but I find it less ... immersive. Especially when they take the time to design the armor and weapons and then you don't get to admire them in first person view. I don't like the 3rd person camera in Skyrim, though. I didn't like not being able to adjust the distance, like you could in Oblivion and Fallout. Never understood why they did that..

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I can't. I tried, but I find it less ... immersive. Especially when they take the time to design the armor and weapons and then you don't get to admire them in first person view. I don't like the 3rd person camera in Skyrim, though. I didn't like not being able to adjust the distance, like you could in Oblivion and Fallout. Never understood why they did that..
I find it more immersive to be be behind the eyes of the character. I occasionally switch to 3rd to take a look at how my character appears in the world but I go straight back to 1st person after.

I can only imagine a FP Zelda as a minigame where you just shoot stuff (does it exist?). That would be pretty fun. In terms of having an actual first person point of view, I don't think it would mesh well with the nature of zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom