• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

90's Nicktoons Movie

Djinn

and Tonic
I heard about this a little while ago, it perfectly fits with Nick's plan of "Let's not try anything new, only rehash 90's era by tugging on nostalgia strings." With things like The Splat block, the newer As Told by Ginger series in the works, Hey Arnold reboot, the Kenan and Kel reunion thing they are working on right now, or the Invader Zim comic series. They completely forgot what made their 90's series interesting was that they were new and untried ideas like Pete and Pete, or Legends of the Hidden Temple. Nobody else made surreal highschool sitcoms or cartoons about wallabes with day jobs and mortgages to pay.

I'm not totally sure who the target audience is when it's a geared kid's cartoon animated film, but only starring characters and situations of 20+ years ago. Kids might not really get it or recognize anything while lots of adults would not really be interested in paying to see it.

That and a lot of rehashes just do not work out. The Ren and Stimpy 2004 series was awful, 2011 Beavis and Butthead was not great either, Rugrats reboot was weird.

http://empirenews.net/nickelodeon-announces-remakes-of-over-40-tv-shows-from-90s/
this article really sells it when they added "“I’m super stoked, man,” said Jake Festein, a 32-year-old clerk at a local Best Buy. He stated he grew up on the many shows on Nickelodeon." That's something I would have expected to see on an Onion article.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
they did make new shows which failed horribly, they even tried the anime thing showing dbz kai which is edited to ****, so I'm all for bringing any show from the 90s back

the newer As Told by Ginger series in the works

Whaaaat, how dare they ruin one of the best 90s cartoons ever? D:

or the Invader Zim comic series

That one has nothing to do with Nick as far as I know, and is much rather something Jonen Vasquez does because he wants to.

So, is there anything out yet, or is that still in development? I'm kind of scared to take a look at it, but I can't deny I'm curious.

Djinn

and Tonic
Their pilot episode has been complete for a while, the rest of the series is not supposed to air until Fall I think.

It's not terrible, mostly shown in a Ned's Declassified sort of way with the main character narrating everything to a home video camera in his room as some kind of lesson on how to survive in his house. The sisters are all a different basic character type. Overall it is more wacky humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom