• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors 9,999,999 rupee glitch

The glitch basically takes away a few rupees from you, but because you have less that that amount of rupees it beings it beyond zero into the the negative rupee territory. That can not happen so boom the number oferflows to the games set max limit of rupees 9,999,999. I assume it overflows to -16,777,215. That being FFFFFF in hex. But since the hard max limit on rupees is 9,999,999 that's what it changes to.

Nintendo really need to up the max number of rupees to 99,999,999. Because to clear out an 8 slot weapon costs 2 million + and levelling over 100 levels on a character at once is easily over 3 million + depending on how close to level 200/250 they are.

More information on this glitch:

http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2wtnjw/max_rupee_glitch/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/71255371?page=1

Will this be patched out with patch 1.6.0 coming in a few days? Most likely yes. So if you want to try this out (it's rather random so I've heard) you'd better do it now before the new patch comes into effect.

zlCfzTCslVAREnDBs3

Someone posted the results of them doing the glitch on Miiverse.

[edit] I tried to do the glitch with Link. I killed the Ghomas long range with Link while the yellow circle was around the Ghoma and not using a weak point smash. I also ran away as soon as I killed the Ghoma so it disappeared off screen. No dice. I tried about 4x just to see if I could get it to work and I could not. But I'm not going to worry about it too much. Hopefully the new boss and Ganon modes will bring in lots of rupees.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Wait, does this glitch actually give you (close to) 10 million rupees or does it just display that way for the stage? If the former, should I feel bad for using this to quickly level up characters I don't like?

Wait, does this glitch actually give you (close to) 10 million rupees or does it just display that way for the stage? If the former, should I feel bad for using this to quickly level up characters I don't like?
It actually gives you the rupees. There's youtube videos of this where people hit the smithy post the stage to show the almost 10m rupees.
Should you feel bad to level up unliked characters this way? Nah. But it's tricky to get it to work. I can't. Maybe it's a random thing, or maybe it requires other variables done just right that I have not mastered. Anyway if you want to try this glitch, and you get it right, let us know here how you did it please. And you'd better try it soon if you want to, as 1.6.0 could very well fix the glitch.

I am not sure if you total (ie smithy amount) and not just in stage amount of rupees needs to be below 100 for this to work.

I've managed to activate this glitch about 4 times now. It's not easy to pull off though and I guess it's mostly down to luck. I used Lana's Summoning Gate and went on the adventure map where you fight two Gohmas within the time limit. I basically stunned him with the arrow then summoned Argorok and used the C5 attack. This defeats Gohma pretty fast without using a finishing blow. I heard you need to defeat some troops as soon as you defeat the boss. I've done that many times and it really is down to the luck of the draw, especially when you don't get the right summoning when Gohma is down.

As a result of the Glitch's success, I have leveled up Volga and Young Link to link's Max level and leveled up Impa significantly.

I've managed to activate this glitch about 4 times now. It's not easy to pull off though and I guess it's mostly down to luck. I used Lana's Summoning Gate and went on the adventure map where you fight two Gohmas within the time limit. I basically stunned him with the arrow then summoned Argorok and used the C5 attack. This defeats Gohma pretty fast without using a finishing blow. I heard you need to defeat some troops as soon as you defeat the boss. I've done that many times and it really is down to the luck of the draw, especially when you don't get the right summoning when Gohma is down.

As a result of the Glitch's success, I have leveled up Volga and Young Link to link's Max level and leveled up Impa significantly.
That is very interesting indeed. I'll have to try this later today. Thanks for your feedback. I'll post my results once I get a chance to try this.

Ok I can not get the glitch to work. I have tried Lana's dragon combo attack and killed it with that and other enemies at the same time with less than 100 rupees and +rupees on my weapon. I have also tried this with Link and also no result. It just waits a few seconds than gives me 2k-3k rupees.

Not sure what u am doing wrong here. Maybe it is just RNG. Who knows.

This might sound odd, but I wouldn't want to do this. It deprives you of the value of playing the characters and leveling them, and as for leveling the ones I don't use enough and don't like, I'd rather Koei Techmo receive accurate metrics on what characters got used, to what levels and how often. And if they aren't tracking those kinds of metrics than they're fools not to.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Unfortunately I haven't had time to play the game let alone try this. I have been keeping up with the GameFAQs threads (first one hit the max reply count...or maybe it underflowed) though. Throwing them a bunch of CS jargon.

tl;dr: my current theory is that it's a race condition between two pairs of addition(KO reward)/subtraction(battle or random penalty) calculations causing the underflow which the8thark described. This comes from the correlation of KOing mooks just as gohma dies, and reports of mysteriously gaining losing rupees.

If I had time, I would do this as much as I could. I'm all for abusing glitches in games. Especially one as obnoxiously grindy as this. It's just external tampering I don't like.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I finally managed to get it to work as Lana with the Summoning Gate after about half an hour of trying. I followed the method of this video and as @Vaati101 described. The stage is G5 on the first adventure map (seven rows down, fifth column).

I've tried to pull it off as Ganondorf with his energy ball projectiles (Strong III and Strong V) and fully-charged strong attack (which can exceed the reach of the weak-point smash activation zone as well), but with no success.

Sorry for the repeat posts here but I got this to work 2x in 3 goes. The way I found worked out seems to work relatively well.

Stage: Adventure mode 1 - G5 - The one in Skylift, 2x Ghome and Ghirnham going traitorous on you.
Character: Lana (Lv100 for me but it shouldn't matter if you can kill the Ghoma fast enough)
Weapon: Summoning gate 420 with +rupees

How I did it

1. Run to the northwest Ghoma asap (do nothing else). And stand Just out of combo range. And spam your standard strong attack over and over and over till you get Agnarok. Don't attack it in any other way and just tank the hits. Any damage you get does not matter.
2. Very quickly stun it with an arrow and summon Agnarok with the long combo. So you can jump on it and ride it. Ride it onto Ghoma and kill it. As soon as it dies, before it disappears (during the slowdown, aim for some of the close still alive mooks while still on Agnarok.
3. Once on the ground again turn around run away back down the path. (not sure if you need to do this. Some claim you don't have to but I did it)

Here is a phone photo of me beating the stage and getting the glitch.

vw9idtd.jpg

I didn't want this photo on Miiverse so that's why I took a phone photo of the screen.

[edit] It seems to be happening when I stand just out of range of Ghoma, ace the strong attack RNG, then first go arrow Ghoma then run into it, summon Agnarok, ride it to kill Ghoma but keep going forward right through the kooks there too. It should work if you can't ace the strong attack RNG right up but that has not been the case for me. I do not see combo RNG having anything to do with it. But that's my results.

Last edited:
I believe the trick is to KO the Boss at the exact same time as a few grunts. The timing has to be just right. The boss and the grunts must disappear simultaneously. At least that's what I think.

It
I believe the trick is to KO the Boss at the exact same time as a few grunts. The timing has to be just right. The boss and the grunts must disappear simultaneously. At least that's what I think.
As far as I have experienced you need to kill them during the boss slow down so their rupees calculation is added in at the same time as the boss's rupee calculation. All the times I did it I killed a few mooks after the boss died but before the slowdown was over and I didn't kill too many at all after the slowdown. That should be just co-incidence though. It could be at the same time as the mooks.

What we do know is the boss gives a random number of rupees but the +rupees bonus is the same always. And I think it's when the RNG on the boss's rupees is just right plus doing the glitch right results in the underflow happening. And because of this, it's a little RNG to get it to work. But if you keep doing good boss runs, you'll eventually get the glitch to work. Good runs being successfully killing the boss the right way and having everything set up for the glitch to work and the only (known) elements that are variable is the boss's RNG amount of rupees and how many mooks you killed. Do that without screwing it up enough times (not so hard for a good player to do) and the glitch will eventually trigger.
Well that's how I see the glitch anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom