• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

9/11 Tenth Anniversary and Remembrances

I was only 5 years old when it happened, so I don't remember much.
I remember at school, I was watching a documentary by two brothers intending to make a film about firefighters in New York. One day of filming, however, was September 11, 2001. The filmmakers followed the firemen in the World Trade Centre, and God, it looked like hell. There were bodies crashing from the upper levels, dust every where, and when the tower that they were in started to collapse, they sprinted for their life to get out of the building. When the filmmaker was hiding behind a car as the tower collapsed, you could see what was happining trough the camera. Complete chaos, all coming from the collapseing tower.
It was terrible.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i'm not sure what jacksons doing for it but i know up in chillicothe the fire department is going to be having a memorial pretty much all day.
i was in 4th grade at the time, i remember that we didn't learn much in school that day. even the playground seemed quiet. they kept showing it on tv and my aunt who i lived with at the time sent me in my room cause she said that i shouldn't have to see something like that.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I was 6, never heard of the WTC before, wasn't sure what was happening, played videogames.
Looking back I'm happy it was that way, if I'd have understood what was happening i'd be terrified.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I was 4 when I heard the news, and I just came home from kindergarten. At about 16:00, a family friend told us to turn the TV on because there is something in New York.

There was something pretty ironic that my mother told me about 9/11 though. My parents actually went to New York City in the spring of 2001 due to business realted stuff. They got a hotel room that faced the Twin Towers. My father told my mother to come and look at the view with him, but my mother refused. Then he said: "You better come and watch it because you might never see it again,"

Even he didn't know how right he was.

Its a day ill never forget.
I remember i was playing Mario 64 at the time and then it was all over the news that one tower had been hit then not long after the other one was hit.

It dominated the news over here for near a week.
Even though i know no one who was involved in those terrible events,i still say a prayer for the families and victims who died that fateful day.

Last edited:
I was 20 when it happened... at the time I was a Manager at K-mart... I had noticed there seemed to be NOBODY walking around in the store... I found everyone in the electronics Dept. watching the TVs, everyone was silent, and crying... it was an incredibly surreal and powerful experience that I will never forget.

I was 11 and in math class, I remember that day amazingly well. I went to a small school, it was like 60 people or less in the entire school. Our teacher told us a plane was hijacked and flown into the WTC. I didn't know what exactly he meant. It sounds silly now but I remember asking if they had let the passengers off the plane yet before they did it. I couldn't understand why they would involve those innocent people.
We were all brought to one room and watched it on the TV. It was horrible. I remember watching the tower fall, I remember watching people jumping from the windows to their deaths. All those images forever burned into my head. I know there are some younger people on here, but even as an 11 year old I remember how much the world changed that day. September 10th seemed like another century from 9/12 and on. A lot of people here may not remember what it was like before then, before all the War on Terror and what not, it was a very different world.
Some people say kids do not understand or are too innocent, BS. I understood. Maybe not all the nuances but I understood what I saw. The rubble, the smoke, the jumpers, the crying, the whole environment I understood we were under attack.
Those memories are forever apart of me. It feels like yesterday to me, so raw and real. I can't even watch all those TV specials, it's still to hard for me. Everything changed that day. I changed. I could never forget those horrible images my 11 year old eyes saw that day. Never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom