• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 60FPS Makes All the Difference

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ALBW is ana amzing game and Nintendo would be foolhardy to ignore one of its crucial features: being the first major Zelda running at 60FPS. Everything is so damn smooth, the 3D is smooth, motions are smooth...just ugh. If they do not optimize Zelda U to run at 60FPS, Nintendo will really be doing themselves a disservice, especially since the competition is all blabbing about their resolutions and frame rate and all that shizzle. Let's make a sprint for ZeldaU @ 60FPS with that right (meaning, selling) art style woo woo!!!

Yeah, it's definitely something they need to prioritize. Playing Ocarina on an N64/Gamecube just amazes me at how bad the frame rate is compared to modern games, and just how much it can detract from the experience if you're not used to it.

I don't see why the would ever omit it thought. Sure, they got dragged kicking and screaming into the HD age, but surely it wouldn't be that difficult with the WiiU hardware. I've already found the likes of Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3 to be incredibly smooth and gorgeous looking, so there's really no reason to not do the same for ZeldaU (I'm not quite specifically if those two games are 60 fps, but I can only assume since they seem like such an improvement). I've also really gotten used to some good looking 3DS games that operate well at that framerate, so it seems to just be a step in the right direction. It would be really stupid if they did it for ALBW but somehow didn't fit it into the next console installment.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I doubt they would go back at this point. It was a major goal of Aonuma's to get Zelda's latest entry running at 60fps, and that's just on the 3DS. With the infinitely more powerful Wii U in comparison, one would think Aonuma would be even MORE adamant about making the series' next game 60fps. Hell, Skyward Sword probably would have ran at 60 frames rather than 45, or what ever it was -- I can assure you it wasn't 30 -- if it weren't for the visuals being so demanding of the Wii's limited hardware.

Hopefully the development team can also get Zelda Wii U running at native 1080p. That would be nice.

I honestly don't notice the 60 FPS thing in ALBW.

I don't see how. Everything moves A LOT faster, and animations are much smoother.

Last edited:

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Understand, 60 FPS means less is being rendered, so the developers feed the rest of the memory to become fps. If ZeldaU was 60 FPS it'd be low(er) quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom