• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts Start

lotrfanatic

ChronoPhoenix
I like 6 hearts...IN SKYWARD SWORD!!!!! Almost every attack an enemy does takes away a whole heart,and at first i sucked at the controls. If you wanna play with three hearts worth just play hero mode.

It is better with 3 heart IMO, it's a greater challenge. Besides, if it started with 3 herats, there would have been 12 more Pieces of Heart.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I have this vague memory of playing a zelda where you started with 6 hearts and it was a retro one. Can anyone tell me if this is just nonsense or if I am thinking of an actual zelda? On topic, I actually don't really have a preference. I don't find that it really matters to me, but I was glad I had six hearts after the first time I took a damaging hit.

i think it should be a crime to have more than 3 hearts because thats what it has always been and the games were great with that they didnt need to make the game easier but its still a great game

When I first heard that there were going to be six hearts, I about lost it. It's the original Zelda formula, how could they mess with it like that. However, after I played, I hardly noticed. It just goes to show that breaking those little ongoing traditions can sometimes end in success.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Six hearts were reasonable for Skyward Sword. If you had three hearts, you'd die almost directly after you've entered Faron Woods. Of course, if Nintendo made the enemies in the beginning easier, than three hearts might have been better.

I think 6 hearts worked well for Skyward Sword. It could have worked for 3 hearts as well even without adding more dungeons because there were areas that could have given you a heart for your hard work to add up to 20 hearts.

A

AverageJez

The only reason they did six hearts was because they didn't have the space to put 15 more heart pieces in the game to make up for those 3 gained hearts. I like the idea of 3 hearts to make it challenging, but in the case of hero mode, it sounds like a need and when the enemies were doing a lot of damage even in normal mode, at the beginning.

Another reason 6 hearts is a good idea was because they put in a new function with the Wii Motion Plus, which you had to get used to, and gave you more health to get used to it, so there was less irritation that you "didn't do that" and ended up dying.

I definitely needed those 6 hearts. I didn't really know what I was doing at the beginning, and especially at the beginning when you're first fighting smarter enemies than before, I really needed those 6 hearts. On Hero Mode, I was surprised at how quickly my hearts was depleting just from freakin' bokoblins plus those stupid hornets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom