• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts from the Start

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Six hearts, seriously Nintendo? What's the point of making the game easier? Where's the challenge in a six heart run? That doesn't sound even remotely intimidating! -.-

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. Might as well just get used to the formula, I suppose. I still can't wait to try this out, despite my complaints.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Six hearts, seriously Nintendo? What's the point of making the game easier? Where's the challenge in a six heart run? That doesn't sound even remotely intimidating! -.-

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. Might as well just get used to the formula, I suppose. I still can't wait to try this out, despite my complaints.

If you watch the IGN video, you'll notice that they outline we need the 6 hearts or it would be pretty stinkin' hard.

I don't like it all that much. This probably means that there will be less heart pieces, but with five pieces per container, there should still be a reasonable amount. I do feel that with increased difficulty comes more hearts, but that's a pretty bold step for Nintendo to make.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I don't like it all that much. This probably means that there will be less heart pieces, but with five pieces per container, there should still be a reasonable amount. I do feel that with increased difficulty comes more hearts, but that's a pretty bold step for Nintendo to make.

Um.... I really hate to do this (seriously, I do), but Skyward Sword is going back to 4 Heart Pieces a Container.

Really? I thought that in the Sky Temple demo, when you got the heart piece, it said "Collect five to make a full Heart Container." Oh well. I must have just misread it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Really? I thought that in the Sky Temple demo, when you got the heart piece, it said "Collect five to make a full Heart Container." Oh well. I must have just misread it.

We saw a Piece of Heart in the Sky Temple demo? I don't remember seeing one anywhere. A Heart Container, yeah, but no Heart Piece. The first time I remember seeing one was from the second GI video.

304740_194390557297348_125038904232514_430059_1167903513_n.jpg

And just look at that shape. It sure looks like the original ones. I'm wondering if you're thinking of the pieces of the key to the Fire Temple, because there are five of them.

VanitasXII said:
Six hearts, seriously Nintendo? What's the point of making the game easier? Where's the challenge in a six heart run? That doesn't sound even remotely intimidating!

Considering that with three hearts most enemies chipped off half a heart, six hearts with enemies chipping off one is exactly equivalent, and actually MORE challenging when you keep figuring the math:

3 hearts
enemies do 1/2 heart damage
6 hits, you die

is indeed the same as

6 hearts
enemies do 1 heart damage
6 hits, you die

but

4 hearts
8 hits, you die

is not the same as

7 hearts
enemies do 1 heart damage
7 hits, you die

particularly once you take this to its logical conclusion

20 hearts
40 hits, you die

vs.

20 hearts
enemies do 1+ heart damage
20 hits, you die

Hey! I see what you did there ;)

It works out even better when you consider that in TP you usually lost 1/4 heart (even against Ganondorf!) and by the end of SS enemies will probably be chipping off 2 hearts or more.

biggoron_sword said:
Really? I thought that in the Sky Temple demo, when you got the heart piece, it said "Collect five to make a full Heart Container."

Nope! It's just four per container.

SS_heartpiece.png

Yup. Skip to 3:20

[video=youtube;gkdYa0PdxVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkdYa0PdxVk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

As I look more closely, there are only four pieces to a container this time around. 12/20 vision FTW!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I don't really see any problem with having 6 hearts and upping the enemy damage. As stated by Caelus before, it might be the same if we had 3 hearts with 1/2 damage each and 6 hearts with 1 damage each, but in the end, it'll make a huge difference -- 20 hearts with 1/2 damage means 40 hits until death, while 20 hearts with 1 damage means 20 hits until death.

Yes, this does mean less Heart Pieces and Containers, but what I think they'll do is add in other collectibles to make up for it. In Twilight Princess, we had 5 Heart Pieces to collect to make one heart, but we really only had Poe Souls and Golden Bugs to collect besides that. In Skyward Sword, it already looks like we'll be collecting a lot more than just that.

It might not be tradition, but remember that following tradition is not always a good thing. 3 hearts in the beginning of the game with the average enemy doing 1 heart's worth of damage is immensely difficult for new players coming into Zelda... And we can't forget about them. ;)

We saw a Piece of Heart in the Sky Temple demo? I don't remember seeing one anywhere. A Heart Container, yeah, but no Heart Piece. The first time I remember seeing one was from the second GI video.

304740_194390557297348_125038904232514_430059_1167903513_n.jpg

And just look at that shape. It sure looks like the original ones. I'm wondering if you're thinking of the pieces of the key to the Fire Temple, because there are five of them.

I know that there's 4 pieces again, but heart pieces looked like that in TP too.

Meh who cares if there's 6 Hearts just as long as there's a Left Hand Option. I am so for happy about the Left Handed Option.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Good. Just like I hoped for. Three is a little low to start a game with, this way enemies can dish out a decent amount of damage.

im glad we start whit 6 hearts it adds a bit of a challenge if the mobs hit strong i realy like that. playing tp when you got 16 hearts sucks a lot if you want challenge

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
It's a little odd starting off with 6 hearts, since we're so used to having 3 to start off the game, but really, it's not a big deal. There's a logical reasoning behind it. Although, I guess now my first run through will have to be my attempted 6-heart run. :P

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hey, if stalfos take out three hearts with one attack, I'm glad. It means more challenge.

It's not so much of a challenge if you have 10 hearts.. It's kind of an inflation but with heart pieces.
I'd rather have 3 hearts and leave the damage the same.. THEN it would be a real challenge ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom