• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Day Challenge

L

Lulzigi

Does anybody know know about this? I can find only 2 mentions of this on this entire site! (excluding my own, of course)

Basicly the 6 day challenge (sometimes called the 3 day challenge) is where you try to beat Majora's Mask while playing the Song of Time only once, since the first cycle you are stuck as a Deku Scrub. I've done it once and it was nerve wracking.
The biggest part of this challenge is getting Epona before the night of the first day, which means you have to get the first 2 dungeon items and leave the dungeons before beating the bosses so you can get the powder keg and bring it to Romani Ranch.

Has anybody tried this? Want to try it? Or have any thoughts about it?

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I've heard of this, and I'm surprised that it is even possible to do it. It would also mean no upgrades at all (probably). I don't think I could beat Majora with only 7 hearts, no defense upgrade, no great fairy sword, no guilded sword, and no quiver upgrades.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I have heard of this before, or something similar to it. Someone attempted to complete OoT in one day and suceeded.
This sounds like an extremely difficult challenge. Using the song of time only once? Wow.

I wouldnt like to partake in it for two reasons:

1- I'd probably fail and embarass myself.
2- I'm too lazy :P

I found getting Epona in the original game took some time (maybe two-three days), so getting it before the first night must have been very difficult.

Basically impossible for me. I haven't mastered the dungeons to where I could just fly through them and their bosses without a problem, and I stand no chance against Majora with no upgrades or extra hearts. I don't think I could make it past Woodfall without having to start the days over anyway, since the ways you get to the dungeons themselves are quite lengthy, and sometimes brutally difficult (Collecting Zora eggs.....).

Love to see a video of someone doing it though, if you could post one.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Damn, I can't imagine doing this. The Zora eggs and the pre-STT stuff would be brutal to try and finish along with the 4 dungeons...

Although, it's not as ridiculous as I first thought. I (and I'm sure lots of others) do so many extra stuff between dungeons, such as get heart pieces, upgrades, and masks, and I bet if you cut out all that stuff it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds. But I don't wanna say it'd be easy either, it would definitely still be nerve racking and brutally difficult. Especially trying to get powder keg before the first night...

Din Akera

Sniper
Thinking back to all the extra things in between the dungeons, I think this would be nearly impossible to do. I know that I could do each temple in one day. The temples themselves don't take that much time, but all the inbetween stuff would make it more difficult. (getting past the guards into the Deku palace, getting the lens of truth, Goron's lullaby, scaling snowhead (I'm so bad at that), Getting the zora eggs (That one would probably take the most time), racing the giant stulchild, playing the song for Sharp and flat, the well, and the castle of Ikana. These are the things that take the time. As well as said above getting Epona on the first night.

Not to mention that you would be fighting Majora without Romani Milk, limited hearts, no upgrades at all. For me this would be impossible.

Steve

5/19/13
I have heard of this before, or something similar to it. Someone attempted to complete OoT in one day and suceeded.
This sounds like an extremely difficult challenge. Using the song of time only once? Wow.

Completing OoT in a day isn't too difficult, but MM? That's a whole other ball game. I'm not even sure if you could even get to Epona before the First Day ends, but before that, I doubt it. It's certainly something I'd like to attempt, and if I were to make it, it'd probably be a very close cut.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I've also heard of this, and I'm 98% sure its impossible to do without cheating.

And by 98, I do mean 100.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Well in order to get Epona (and don't forget, the song of storms has to be acquired on the first night too doesn't it?) you'd have to leave the first couple dungeons with just the dungeon item. You'd even have to do the ikana well with one bottle...

I really don't think it's possible... it would probably take a few tries at the very least.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I can hardly imagine that this is possible without using glitches like fx bomb hovering. On my personal best run I finished the Stone Tower temple at 1:00 am of the 1st night (ok I collected all the fairies), so if I think about all the other stuff to do then I'd have to be 2-3x faster, sounds impossible to me (especially if I think about doing the whole Deku Palace stuff, that Goron Lullaby thing, getting the 7 Zora eggs, beating bottom of the well+Ikana castle...)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Never heard of this but it does indeed sound nerve racking. Oh man. I'm getting shudders just thinking about it. I can imagine something awful happening just before the final stretch of the game. I highly suggest not trying this during a lightning storm.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I'm pretty sure it's possible, however I can't remember if the challenge required the use of a glitch or two. I don't think it did, though. And I'm very sure it didn't require cheats to comeplete.

Anyway, I once attempted this, however I gave up just after the Woodfall Temple because it was already 7 PM on the Night of the First Day, and I felt that I wouldn't have enough time left to finish. I may attempt it again someday, but probably not anytime in the near future.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Googling gave me this (archive.org link, whatever that is) and this youtube user who both have 6-day challenge videos. I have not watched them all fully myself, so I'm not sure if they use glitches or not. What I've seen so far of Dragorn's is interesting, though - like the OP, he skipped right out of the woodfall and snowhead temple as soon as he got the items. No glitching thus far, apart from getting past the guard on the first three-day cycle and thereby collecting a handful of heart pieces and gaining enough rupees for the giant's wallet. I'm interested to see if he has to glitch any to defeat the later temples.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Oy. Just trying to beat the first dungeon without playing the song of time is bad enough for me, I can't imagine the whole game. I dont' think I'd ever be good enough at the game to try and attempt this, but if I saw someone do it, I would be very impressed. Perhaps, if I were to be able to beat the game more than once, I could give this a shot. :P

This sounds extremely challenging. I think I might try to do it over the summer. It would probably be impossible for me, but I think the first couple things I would do is get Epona and the Bunny Hood, but the Bunny Hood depends on the troubles, I know I can do get the Bunny Hood in a matter of minutes, but can the Bremen Mask be obtained on the First Day? I would have to look at that later.

The only dungeons I see that will make me fail this are the Great Bay Temple and the Stone Tower Temple. Even getting into the dungeons might do me in. As for their bosses, they're really easy, so long as I have Fire Arrows for Gyorg and the Giant's Mask for Twinmold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom