• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

5th Gen Graphics That Do and Don't Hold Up Today

Dan

As we know the 5th generation was where gaming started really transcending into the 3D era. At the time a lot of the games looked amazing. However as time went on, some of these games no longer hold up in terms of looks. While others still look great to this day.
For example:
Ps1comp.png

Yeah... if you were ever wondering what could possibly go wrong, just look at Bubsy 3D. To be honest I don't think Bubsy 3D ever held up in terms of graphics even when it was new. Even starfox on the snes had comparable graphics. Crash bandicoot is always a joy to look at even to this day.

So anyway what games do you think hold up still from the 5th gen, and what games don't?
Just to remind you, 5th generation consoles are, Playstation 1, Sega setaurn and N64. You can go with the 3DO if you also want to as well, but don't even bother going into the Atari Jaguar library of games. That's a joke. :P

Cfrock

Keep it strong
For me, Spyro the Dragon is one which is still a treat to look at, mostly for the art style than the graphics themselves. The game is just so colourful and varied, it really made me feel like I was in a fantasy world of dragons and sheep that turned into butterflies.
image.jpg

As for a game which doesn't hold up today, all I have to say is Virtua Fighter. Lol, it didn't even hold up back then :lol:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom