• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

50-100 Hours:

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
the longest it took me to ever finish a games main story was 120 hours for FFXII. i was doing the sidequests though so that might be a big part of the length. i'd like to see some good sized side quests though, liek the hunts were in FFXII.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
120 hours for FFXII [12, PS2]? Whoa, my first time was 96 hours just for the main story. Eventually, I brought that down to 40-something hours but that was when I was speedrunning. The sidequests of FFXII, assuming you're trying to do them all, will take you far much longer than 120 hours, believe me. Add in leveling all your characters to 99, and getting perfection...over 350 hours I know. If Skyward Sword can get that much time [it would need lengthy and quality sidequests to do so], this could change the Zelda series for the better.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Don't forget about the second quest and a boss battle mode!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Don't forget about the second quest and a boss battle mode!

HECK YEAH, I LOVE BOSS BATTLES MODES!!!

This is going to be one long game of Zelda goodness. My body, mind, and state of being is ready. BRING IT OOON!!!!

I recently ran through the Wind Waker (first time run) in about 35 hours. I did not try to speedrun it or anything, but it was somewhat of a rush (done within one week).

I am curently working on Xenoblade, which is a game you will have to do in about +4-hour game sessions. Unfortunately I only have enough time for such lengthy game sessions one day per week at this time.

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Wait, BBM and Second Quest are confirmed for Skyward???

From what we know, Nintendo supposedly tweeted "Did Miyamoto just announce a Boss Battle Mode etc. ?" that's what I know for sure.

Hooray, I don't have to make a new file just to fight a boss again!

EDIT: also, there is supposedly a "second play through". I THINK it was tweeted by NOA.

Last edited:
From what we know, Nintendo supposedly tweeted "Did Miyamoto just announce a Boss Battle Mode etc. ?" that's what I know for sure.

Hooray, I don't have to make a new file just to fight a boss again!

It's actually what Miyamoto was speaking about at the conference. NoA just translated it and tweeted some summary notes.

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Apparently, there is also a second quest in the game. I wonder what it means! lol

I think that could either mean:

a. A harder version of the game (think of an included Master Quest).

b. Maybe like Wind Waker where you can do the game again but with the same clothes you start with.

Or you could go with...

c. Anything else that I didn't mention it the other 2 options. :P

I personally would like option B to happen. But if they go with option C, then I want to know what that could be.

Please, option B, stay out of my sight...

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The duration of any Zelda game should be a decisive factor on if you will buy it or not. 50+ hours is a definite reason to have it. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love for option b to happen, but perhaps we could stick with the original clothes on our first playthrough as well? :3
If the game *could* get mirrored, I would assume the game world would and not Link, just for gameplay reasons. It is rather interesting, and I wonder how BBM will work for Skyward Sword!

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Holy....

If this is true, which I don't think there's any reason to doubt it is, this makes it quite possible that Ocarina of Time will meet its match. I don't want to be too prematurely speculative about this, but from what we've seen, Skyward Sword looks extraordinarily promising.

A 50-100 hour game suggests a large amount of dungeon-crawling type-areas (though it is supposed to not all be clearly defined dungeons), with plenty of new and difficult puzzles, PLUS a healthy supply of sidequesting and item upgrading.

This is going to an incredible game. I knew it was going to be good, now I'm entirely convinced that it will be a great game, possibly best Zelda game (ergo best game) of all time. Can hardly wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom