• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

4th Gen Team

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I use an old-school Diamond/Pearl/Platinum team to play on Pokemon Online with great success. It may seem old fashioned but I'll list of my team.

Swampert- (Swampser)
Ability: Torrent
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Moveset:

-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

EV's: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD

Role: Lead, Scouting, Stealth Rock setup

Gyarados- (Gyaraser)
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:

-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance
-Bounce

EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Role: Sweep, Fighting switch-in, Stall breaker

Lucario- (Lucariser)
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:

-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed

EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Role: ExtremeSpeed switch-in, Swords Dance late sweep, Physical Attacker

Leafeon- (Leafser)
Ability: Leaf Guard
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Moveset:

-Wish
-Yawn
-Leaf Blade
-Protect

EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def

Role: Wish Support, Wall, Stall breaker

Tyranitar- (Tyraniser)
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:

-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

EV's: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe

Role: Physical Sweep, Speedy Powerhouse, Slow Pokemon Bait

Flygon- (Flyser)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:

-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Role: Fire Blast Bait, Speedy switch-in, Roost-stall

If you have any suggestions or comments on my team feel free to give it a rating and offer up any advice

Edit: This team is in the OU Tier, although not many people go by tiers on random servers. Also a good bunch of these guys have been shifted around in their tiers.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

I'm really liking the set. A lot of these I have used myself. All of them except for Leafeon (with this set, at least) and Flygon (once again with this set).

Leafeon looks excellent, and your type coverage and the way you're using your team looks like it would really play out well in a match. How feasible is a stalling Flygon, though? I've never seen one, especially without Roost.

It seems your hub here is Flygon... anything that has extraordinary defense that would give your entire team a run for your money seems to be countered by Flygon. I wouldn't like relying on that, but if you think your team has enough physical power to plow down a wall like that after a couple Pokemon, be my guest.

Point is, it seems like a very well-rounded team, but I see some openings that I myself would prefer not to have. I'd go a little more special, though your defensive typing seems great. 9/10

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'm really liking the set. A lot of these I have used myself. All of them except for Leafeon (with this set, at least) and Flygon (once again with this set).

How feasible is a stalling Flygon, though? I've never seen one, especially without Roost.

It seems your hub here is Flygon... anything that has extraordinary defense that would give your entire team a run for your money seems to be countered by Flygon. I wouldn't like relying on that, but if you think your team has enough physical power to plow down a wall like that after a couple Pokemon, be my guest.

Point is, it seems like a very well-rounded team, but I see some openings that I myself would prefer not to have. I'd go a little more special, though your defensive typing seems great. 9/10

I dont use Flygon solely to stall. I barely use him to stall. If anything I use him to stall one or two turns as a switch-in. Flygon is used mostly for Fire Blast to OHKO Scizor and Ferrothorn. He's really speedy so I can get a hit in on a Dragon or two also. I dont ever try to stall, and find the tactic to be kind of cheap. I usually use Flygon as a 'mid-relief' kind of Pokemon actually.

Kybyrian

Can Flygon actually OHKO the standard Ferrothorn? I was up against a maxed Ninetales with Sunny Day up and it only did a bit over half to my Ferrothorn. It seems the norm is ~200 SpD EVs.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Can Flygon actually OHKO the standard Ferrothorn? I was up against a maxed Ninetales with Sunny Day up and it only did a bit over half to my Ferrothorn. It seems the norm is ~200 SpD EVs.

I'm not sure what the standard is. I may have fought a different type of Ferrothron that wasn't as bulky which may explain how Flygon took it out. I feel like my team lacks a Special Attacker which may phase out my use of Leafeon. I love the little fox but special attacker would be nice. I think technically my Flygon is a "Mixed Attacker" I've taken some liberties with this team, and I generally just try to match types, out predict my opponents and run through teams. I had a kind of 'rival' on Pokemon Online who I managed to Baton Pass break every time. He tried using a Smeargle with Shell Smash and Baton Pass but I managed to stomp it out. The utility guy you may have thought was Flygon is really Lucario. I bring him in to be a physical attacker, ExtremeSpeed stall break, Close Combat for a KO on slow Tyrannitars, and Stone Edge to clean up Gyara or other flying sweeps or fire switch ins to try and get an SE fire attack on Lucario.

Ran through some games today. I hit a wall with Flygon and Gyarados so I decided to make some moves swaps. I took Flygons Dragon Claw and put in ThunderPunch in it's place. I also took Thunderbolt off of Gyarados and gave him Ice Fang. This way Gyara can cover other dragons, while Flygon can take on water types with ease. People don't seem to realize Flygon is Dragon/Ground which helps me out a good bunch of times.

Last edited:
H

Hëradïn

that's a good team. I see what you did there though! will your team be taking on the gym at Casterly Rock? I heard old Tywin is tough, heh heh heh. (if you don't get it then I've no clue why you Ser at the end of your pokémon's names.)

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
that's a good team. I see what you did there though! will your team be taking on the gym at Casterly Rock? I heard old Tywin is tough, heh heh heh. (if you don't get it then I've no clue why you Ser at the end of your pokémon's names.)

Honestly I do have the Game of Thrones (Haven't read it yet) but I didn't know that Ser was prevelant in the book. I've been adding ser to my Pokemon's names since I read Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special. I used to do taro as an homage to Gold, but decided on ser for the endings as my own thing. I also use the same names for my Pokemon fanfiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom