• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler 4th Empty Bottle Confirmed

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I though this game only had 3 empty bottles. Yesterday i found a 4th Empty bottle from a goddess cube chest on a small caged rock in the thunderhead.
Don't remember which cube exactly activates the chest. My guess would be the cube located at the middle of the waterway that leads to the water dragon. Its the road when you first followed the squid thats leads you there. There is a save point above water, the cube is near there (also above water).

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Wow, I played through the game... and for a while, I thought there was just one empty bottle. Then near the end of the game, I found two more, which was good timing, because that's exactly when I needed them.

But there are five total? Wow. I am impressed... I thought Nintendo was trying to make the game harder by including fewer bottles, but it seems the bottles were just well-hidden. I really should have looked a little harder, I guess.

I wonder if ZD has all 5 bottles listed in their walkthrough yet? I should go check.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I have the official guide, which confirms five obtainable empty bottles. I won't spoil locations or anything, but it's nice to know there's lots to collect.

Oh, so I found them all on my first playthrough, I'm normally not getting that lucky! Thought there were 6.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I hate to rain on your parade (somewhat), but there are 5 bottles in Skyward Sword. This was shown in the E3 2011 demo.

thereasobeing rained on my parade before you, so i wonder why you actually have to repeat what an other person said.

And just because its was confirmed on a demo, does not mean its confimed on the game itself. I assume you know the definition of the word "demo".
We have seen so many trailers/demo's from zelda games that changed or was left out when the game was released.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
thereasobeing rained on my parade before you, so i wonder why you actually have to repeat what an other person said.

And just because its was confirmed on a demo, does not mean its confimed on the game itself. I assume you know the definition of the word "demo".
We have seen so many trailers/demo's from zelda games that changed or was left out when the game was released.

Maybe he was talking to me... but I acknowledged it already back in my response that there are 5, it's just that I initially thought there were 6 (because we never had an odd number of bottles as far as I remember, at least in the console games: there were 4 in alttP, OoT, WW, TP and 6 in MM)

So those are the locations of all the bottles then!
1. from the potion selling lady
2. in a chest in the Temple of the Seal
3. from the husband(?) brother (oops, what was I thinking?) of the lady that stranded on a small island near the sky diving game (he gives you a bottle with mushroom spores which you may keep after helping his wife's sister's bird) - I don't know his English name, in the German version he's called Hiru.
4. after activating the goddess cube in Lake Floria, this opens up a chest in the sky with a bottle inside.
5. in a chest in the Fire Sanctuary, I think you must go back and beat the first "lava hand" battle to gain access.
The only other game where I found them all without walkthrough was aLttP, and even there I didn't do so on my first playthrough like here, guess they weren't hidden that well in SS then, but it makes sense because you'll need a lot of potions, especially in Hero Mode, while other games like LttP and especially WW were easy to beat without any bottle.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Missing Sister sidequest (for 3rd empty bottle) is started after doing Lost Child sidequest. Go to the light tower (where Groose and his lackeys were at in the beginning of the game) and you'll find a man (Parrow in English version) whose sister (Orielle in English version) is stranded on a nearby island. You can finish the quest from there, get your Gratitude Crystals and eventually your empty bottle.

One question related to bottles are the potions contained. Are there only the potions of Health, Stamina, Air and Defense or are there more? I know you can get + and ++ versions/

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Yes. From early demos. And they were never things like the amounts of items. Skyward Sword was already complete at E3 2011. The demo gave out the five bottles to show that's how many there would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom