• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler 4chan Spoilers: Real or Not?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
OK, so yesterday ZD posted a article about a TON of spoilers that were posted on a site called 4chan. These spoilers are crazy flippin' awesome with a side of emotion for flavor. The spoilers are are as follows:

* Ghirahim is attempting to resurrect his master in order to obtain his powers, rather than to continue service to him.
* Groose-related sidequests are the best in Zelda since Anju and Kafei, but he has a weak role in the story after the start of the game.
* It’s inevitably all Zelda’s fault as to why Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda meet for all of time.
The way it works is- There is a Priestess Ritual. The Priestess must sacrifice herself to the holy power (Triforce) in order to reseal all of the evil (monsters, The Imprisoned, etc.). In exchange however, she gets one wish from the holy power (the Triforce). She wishes for her and Link to be together throughout eternity. That even if Fate rips them apart, they will be born again so that they can be together again. She wishes for fate to always twist their destinies so that they will always meet each other in all their future lives. This is why Ganondorf exists, and I guess this is also why he just randomly gets the Triforce in Twilight Princess as a “divine prank”. It is all Zelda’s fault- her wish constantly reincarnates her and Link, and the destiny twist to ensure they always meet is represented by Ganondorf.
* Plot twist revolves around how the real Triforce exists within Zelda’s heart (soul). Ghirahim is in possession of the the three physical Triforce pieces, but can’t unlock their true power due to the fact the priestess has the power within her.
* 3rd time you fight Ghirahim is argued to be the hardest 3D Zelda boss fight ever
* There is a second quest, though this player hasn’t gotten out of Skyloft yet
* There are a ton of sidequests, and it’s going to take you a long time if you plan to 100% the game
* Fi ends up getting sealed within the sword at the end. Also in case the quote above didn’t set in, Zelda sacrifices herself to save everyone.
* Zelda possibly “becomes” the Triforce during her sacrifice
* Some of the dungeon items are upgrades, and those upgrades are required to beat the game. Any upgrade done at the bazaar is optional.
* You can add a sniper scope to your bow.
* Digging Mitts upgrade is in a dungeon.
* Roughly two dozen small islands in the sky that house areas where you send the Goddess Cubes.
* 8 or so “medium” sized islands exist that are sidequest related.
* There is a sidequest where a demon wants to become human.
* Skultulla collection quest has been replaced with merit points.
* Sidequests are very reminiscent in density and quality when compared to Majora’s Mask.
* Four Heart pieces to get a new Heart Container.
* Ancient Hyrule was chock-full of extremely advanced technology.
* Link gets extremely emotional a couple scenes right before the game concludes. Most emotion he has ever shown.
* There is a romantic conclusion to the game, but there is no implication of sex (duh!)
* There is a date sidequest, and Zelda and Link kiss during this quest.
* 6 full dungeons, 2 sub dungeons at the end, and 3 dungeons revisited. Doing the math, that’s 11 dungeon trips in all.
* The Goddess Sword was the sword wielded by Zelda’s Ancestor, who is known as the Goddess. She is actually not a Godlike figure, but was worshiped as such by the people for her great deeds. This ancestor was also the holder of the Triforce, thus explaining where her power came from.
* In order to forge the sword into the Master Sword, you need to collect the remains of the three original goddesses.
* The Ancient Cistern is the 4th Dungeon (midway point of the game). You are responsible for flooding the Forest area, and the water comes from the Ancient Cistern.
* 30 to 40 hours just for the main quest, but there is so much side content you can easily take close to 100 hours to complete everything.
* Zora’s Domain is frozen.
* Bokoblins, Robo-Bokoblins, Elite Bokoblins (late game), Zombie Bokoblins (Ancient Cistern). There are many Bokoblin varieties. We also have Lizaflos, Darknuts, Beamos, ChuChus- tons of classic Zelda enemies (WIZZROBES!)
* Origin of the Kokiri occurs. Guardian spirit of the forest becomes the Great Deku Tree, and the Kokiri model themselves after Link, their hero. Explains why they wear his garb.
* Volvagia is the boss of the Fire Sanctuary.
* You use the mole mits to do a mini Pacman version combined with snake under ground, before resurfacing to face Volvagia per the usual methods.
* Dark Link is present.

Now do you get it? These get your heart racing and you're all like," OH EMM GEE!!!! Release the game already!!!" The only problem is that 4chan is known to be full of lies and made up facts, some call it "the site of trolls".

So here is the question:

Do you think these spoilers are real or not? Why? Do you think only a few of them are real? Which ones? Why?

Last edited:

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I will refrain from reading these spoilers, as I do not want to spoil the game for myself. However, I will say that I do not believe one could trust the users of 4Chan too much. I am rather casual user of 4chan boards and I will tell you that there are lies and trolling in far more than just /b/. However, it's really questionable sometimes whether it's trolling or not. Nonetheless, if not all of these spoilers are lies, then at least a lot of them are.

Also, 4Chan is an American-made website, not European.

I edited the post and fixed it, thanks! ;)

Djinn

and Tonic
Normally I think it is best to consider all spoilers like these to be made up completely. This list started out interesting though. The first several spoilers did sound failr plausible based on what we know about the game already and some more could be concluded from scenes and screenshots that have been released by Nintendo. But when you get to the end some of them border on bad fanfiction.
* Origin of the Kokiri occurs. Guardian spirit of the forest becomes the Great Deku Tree, and the Kokiri model themselves after Link, their hero. Explains why they wear his garb.
* Volvagia is the boss of the Fire Sanctuary.
* You use the mole mits to do a mini Pacman version combined with snake under ground, before resurfacing to face Volvagia per the usual methods.
* Dark Link is present.
These just sound like a lot of wishful thinking on part of the creators of the spoilers and matches a lot of random "Wouldn't it be cool if..." threads that have been popping up over the last year or so since SS was announced. I highly doubt there will be any clear origin of the Kokiri or an appearance of Volvagia in this game. Anything along those lines I would definitely want to see some actual proof from the game itself before I would consider believing them.

Plus we have already gotten a few spoilers from 4chan and 2chan before. While all are now considered false, I still like the name Adelle more than Fi.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A lot of this sounds like speculation, or facts based off our wildest hopes and purely made up. The bit where it states there's a dating sidequest sounds very fraudulent to me. They could be either drawing attention to themselves or messing with our heads. However, I won't deny there will be a heartfelt, if not affectionate, conclusion to the game. Why would Nintendo themselves release a "Romance" Trailer if there would be zero "romantic" culmination points? I'm only know that I'm still iffy on a kiss. It would be very fitting if Zelda did have to leave her lifelong friend, though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I do not think the person who created these rumours actually knows if they are true or not. I think there is a high possibility of Volvagia. Alot of people believe he will be in the game so this person could have written that and hoped that people would see it as believable. Dark link is simply wishful thinking and playing into the desires of the fans, because everybody seems to love dark link. Zoras are not in this game, because they simply don't exist yet (that is my theory) not because they are frozen. Do you see a frozen area on the map?... Nope.

I think the thing about zelda having the triforce in her heart and Ghirahim having the physical triforce is not true. The triforce if whole grants a wish, that is what has been said in pretty much every game involving the artefact, why would it be any different here? Ghirahim would have had to assemble the thing because it would have split upon his touch. I'm sure if Zelda had the triforce she could wish the evil away without sacrificing herself. If she is gone then the royal bloodline can't continue. Gaepora is probably not going to have another child, which means that this claim is unlikely also. Where does this fit in with her becoming a princess? Answer me this. I think Kit from Nintendo of america said she is not a princess YET, which means she must become one. How can she be one if she sacrificed herself?

About the second quest thing... I never believed there was one in the first place, there is nothing suggesting a second quest from any official sources or reviews. these set of rumours claiming there is one are simply telling me that the person creating them actually has no more clue about the full game than the rest of us.

In order to forge the sword into the Master Sword, you need to collect the remains of the three original goddesses.
*raised eyebrow* Why would you need to collect their remains, they are not dead! They grant the wishes of those who touch the triforce, they flood Hyrule before WW!

As you can see, I believe these rumours are complete fabrications and wishful thinking on the part of the person who created them. Whilst some of these things could happen they would be a complete coincidence, not because this person has actually played the game. 4 chan is a website full of trolls so anything from it is unlikely to be true. Remember the set of rumours a while back about Elamiaz: the piglike demon who would turn Ghirahim into the trident of power? That came from 4 chan also, so did the one that claimed Fi was called Adelle, so it's just not credible.

Last edited:
Of course we should not trust, but it's a possibility. Somethings on the spoilers are amazing, REALLY amazing, but not very Nintendo-like... but of course this game is all about Nintendo surprising us, isn't it?

Remember the pre E3 4chan rumors, supposedly from a insider, about Wii U? Talking about a open world Mario game, Smash, GTA5, a Kojima game etc. This guys are always very smart, they come up with plausible stuff based on what we already know about and support it with a good story. This time I think the the chances of being real is much bigger, since a lot of sites already have a review copies, and of course the reviewers talk about the game with his friends etc.

But there's a good way to confirm if it's true or not. Get in touch with the guy again ask about a specifics on the first Desert Area dungeon, ask for stuff that has not been shown yet, and mainly ask for names. Later this week we get the website update and confirm if it's true or not.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is 4Chan we're talking about; they're not the most reliable resource out there. Most of the "spoilers" listed sounded plausible, and I'm pretty sure or at least expecting that Zelda WILL in some way have to sacrifice herself to save the land. It's completely reasonable to assume as much, as she never turns out to be a physical fighter (unlike her "ancestor" who was actually cool). I doubt the spoilers are true as listed, but the basic premise behind them is reasonable. The last spoiler, Dark Link being present, I highly doubt that for some reason...

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
Personally I wouldn't mind these spoilers, but something in me hopes that they are false to a degree.

Link showing more emotion=being filled with rage/anger=Dark Link is born?
For some reason I can almost see Link losing control of his emotions and thus Dark Link is born.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
*raised eyebrow* Why would you need to collect their remains, they are not dead! They grant the wishes of those who touch the triforce, they flood Hyrule before WW!

It might refer to their physical bodies, or something to that extent. Being Goddess's, they can be only spirits, but i'm sure they had to have traveled to the land they created at some point. These are just my ideas, and they're probably not true. Who knows, we'll see when it's released!!

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
It might refer to their physical bodies, or something to that extent. Being Goddess's, they can be only spirits, but i'm sure they had to have traveled to the land they created at some point. These are just my ideas, and they're probably not true. Who knows, we'll see when it's released!!

Maybe it is referring to some left over magic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom