• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

4 Heart Pieces?`

Which one do you want?

• 4 Pieces 20 Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 pieces 20 Hearts

• Heart Containers 20 Hearts

• Heart containers 16 Hearts

• Total voters

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
4 Heart Pieces?

Do you want the old 4 Heart Piece system to come back in Zelda Wii?

I, personally, do want it. I really didn't like the 5 piece thing in TP, Yes it did make the game a little longer, but in the end I really did't particularly enjoy it. And don't even get me started on the Heart Container/16 hearts thing I hated it even for a DS game, it just made me think they just got lazy because there are heart pieces and 20 hearts in games like LA and MC.

So which method Would you prefer? I want the old school 4 pieces/20 hearst set.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'd say they should make 3 pieces for a container. Looking back on all the console titles in chronological order, it evolved like this (pieces for a whole container):

LoZ:1 AoL:1 aLttP:4 OoT:4 MM:4 WW:4(???) TP:5

So the biggest jump was from AoL to aLttP. I'd say they should make 3 pieces per container but in turn make them a little harder to get. And maybe add some full heart containers and make them extra hard to get. There were just way too many heart pieces to get in MM (as much as I love that game). If you only beat the dungeons you'd have just 7 hearts, and you needed 13x4=52 (!) heart pieces for a complete life meter.
But on the other hand, if there's a huge area like Hyrule Field in TP, it'd make sense to have many heart pieces, that's a good way to fill otherwise empty areas. I'd even say give only a heart piece instead of a full container after a boss battle, this would encourage you even more to go find the overworld heart pieces.

Austin

Austin
4 pieces, for tradition's sake. Enough to keep it interesting, but not enough so that they have an excuse for not using another type of reward.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Yes, want the old 4 Heart Piece system to come back in Zelda Wii because i like to exploring the overworld in search of Heart Piece, treasures, and playing the side quest......................

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I like four pieces better because I it looks a lot more neater. However when the heart fill up my screen with two lines of ten, it does not feel right to me. Personally I feel at my best when the hearts are between 13 and 16. It just looks more Zelda to me.

Kybyrian

I didn't like the 5 pieces that there was in Twilight Princess. I would like to see the old 4 heart piece system come back in the new Zelda Wii, if there are heart pieces at all. It kind of annoyed me knowing that I got 4 heart pieces and then remembering that it takes 5.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
To tell the truth I didn't really notice the difference between four and five heart pieces. However, I don't think I'd want a return to having just heart containers. I suspect they'd be really hard to find, and if one was the prize for an archery game, I think I would cry. Okay, that's an exaggeration. But I cut my loses from archery games enough as it is, I wouldn't want to have to pass up an actual heart container.

What I actually missed in TP was a defensive upgrade (the magic armor doesn't count to me.) While honestly, you didn't need it for that game, I just like the ideas of fairies protecting him.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I didn't like how there was 5 in TP, AT ALL! I like 4. I felt like having 5 in TP was just to make more sidequests and make the game bigger. Which was an epic fail. I like 4 pieces like in all the other games. And I don't like Heart Containers either. That was an excuse because they couldn't put enough into the DS memory. I don't even mind if there are only 12 pieces in the entire game! Like in LA, OoS, OoA.

Ok im going to have to go with 5 heart pieces becuase it really made the game longer and everytime you get a heart pieces it made you get full health which i think is awesome!! Full health everywhere you look! :P Yes i know many ppl like the old games were there was only 4 heart pieces but im just giving what i think what should be done.

<Zelda Forever>

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, having 4 heart pieces to make up a heart container makes more sense. It is also a fun extra in dungeons to try and find the hidden pieces of heart.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I actually really liked the Idea of 5 heart pieces. It's just that they were in really bad spots in TP (plus all of those spots were ruined thanks to that cheap fortune teller), I think the Wii discs will cause the game to be much bigger this time around, and to fill some of that free space we will probably see a return of the 5 heart piece system. I just hope the the side quests and heart piece locations are a little more interesting, I mean the fortune teller shows you where they all are, I suppose it's my own fault for talking to her but the games shouldn't give away these secret locations! Hopefully we never have another character like her again.

C

Carben

The Twilight Princess version of completing a heart container was very tedious. Having to often do side-quests or backtracking once you have a specific item in your arsenal. So in my opinion the old system of four heart pieces to complete a heart container should be resurrected to keep the Legend of Zelda spirit alive!

Now on the just whole Heart Container business for the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track titles was just to simple. One person could have almost half of the supply of Hearts by the beginning or middle of the game! This made the game a cake walk and just short without those tiring back tracks to get more potions or collecting a fairy!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'd say something between MC and TP's HC system would work out the best in Zelda Wii. For the most part what you get are Heart Pieces (but they are chopped up into five instead of four) and there would be some special full heart containers. However, I think it would be best if Nintendo made most of them hard to get, and the special full Heart Containers would be incredibly hard to get, possibly by doing an optional dungeon with an optional boss who gives you the Heart Container (and maybe something else indirectly like useful optional items).

I thought there were to many heart pieces in TP. That IS a good thing sense it makes the game longer, but it required a lot of backtracking to get all of them. I didn't like it that much.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never paid all that much attention of the game requiring 4 or 5 Heart Pieces. I never hunted them down anyway. That said, I do like the idea of 4 better, simply because 5 seems so odd (but maybe that's just the tradition talking). So, I wouldn't really be upset if you needed 5 in the new game, but 4 would be better (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom