• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler 4 Chan Rumours. Does Zelda Have Romantic Feelings for Link?: Answer Right Here

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Before Zelda is kidnapped, she says there is "something important she wants to tell [Link]". Gee, they're on a frickin' date and have been friends since they were kids. What kind of secrets would she be keeping from him? It's blatantly obvious that Zelda and Link have a thing going in this game. However, the blatantly obvious has never stopped anti-shippers in the past.

You never know, but the quote made it seem as though their definitely is no romantic feelings towards link from Zelda. It makes it seem as though they know this for sure, perhaps she is in love with somebody else like Groose, HA! I would say link has feelings for her though.

Nintendo made a romance trailer a month after that comment, I think, I doubt Nintendo would release that if there is nothing between Zelda and Link. But I might be reading into that to much but that is what I think.

Like I said I think Zelda feels something for Link.

And wasn't that quote a month before Nintendo released the romance trailer? I would trust the makers of the game rather than one person. We won't know for sure until either Nintendo comes out to say it or we see something in the game.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think Zelda has feelings for Link and not Groose. I don't see her liking someone who picks on her child hood friend.

Nintendo made a romance trailer that tells me that Zelda has some sort of feelings toward him.

Yeah she probably hates Groose, but I think because of the recent quote that of course Zelda cares deeply for link, but just not in a romantic way.

Jedi Link

Use The Triforce
Nintendo released a romance trailer.it was even titled "romance trailer" It also seems like zelda flirts with link alot in this game... So yeah, that just proves you and Zelda Informer wrong. I hate Zelink, but at least there is something goin on

I think it is either love or it is a feeling between close friends. And no I am not saying this because I like the parring.

That quote was made in August 28 while the romance trailer was made in September 29, I don't believe the quote.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I still don't understand how there can be a date side-quest when we are trying to save Zelda the whole game. The only way I can see this happening is if Nintendo finally grows up and lets us save our progress after we defeat the final boss. I don't see this happening in the beginning, And AFAIK I don't even know for how long Zelda will be in captivity, That's just my two cents.

Romance Trailer = Romance in the Game. There has to be. Either that or Nintendo is playing some real cute games, and honestly, what are the possibilities of that? I'm not sure about this whole romance thing, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

Romance in the game doesn't have to mean that Link & Zelda have to have an intimate relationshitp that is some sort of sub-plot. Since they released a Romance Trailer I'm going to guess that Link & Zelda will only be childhood sweethearts in Skyloft and after the events of the game they will part ways.. At least I hope that happens since romance sub-plot in Movies/Games = Bad idea.

I don't think they will kiss but Link and Zelda are close in this game and since Nintendo released the romance trailer I think there is something between them. I don't expect a kiss anywhere in the game but I think Zelda feels something for Link.

Making them kiss could make the PEGI ratings go up, I don't know if it's worth it just to satisfy a very small portion of the fanbase.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nintendo released a romance trailer.it was even titled "romance trailer" It also seems like zelda flirts with link alot in this game... So yeah, that just proves you and Zelda Informer wrong. I hate Zelink, but at least there is something goin on

Don't you see? Nintendo were playing with us. None of the stuff in the trailer is actually romantic in the game is it? They are close friends and nothing more. I actually liked the idea of romance, but I will not argue with a quote from someone who has played the game.

Making them kiss could make the PEGI ratings go up, I don't know if it's worth it just to satisfy a very small portion of the fanbase.

It would not, plenty of U rated films have a kiss between a man and a woman why should it be any different for games?

I think I would rather believe the people who made the game rather than one person. And I think other sites would say that Zelda has no romantic feelings for Link if it was true.

And didn't they just get their copies of SS? If someone could ask that person again and he says the same thing then I will believe him.

I believe that Zelda does had some type of feelings for Link either close friendship or love. It never has bothered me before I doubt it will bother me now.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think I would rather believe the people who made the game rather than one person.

And didn't they just get their copies of SS? How would he know if there is any romance in the game if he played it for a short time?

The people who made the game have stated nothing on the matter, only providing clips and music that suggest. Zelda is kidnapped, unless there is a kiss at the end then it shall not be at all. At least it disproves those 4chan rumours about the side quest.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I doubt there's gonna be anything serious that's gonna happen. It's just gonna be the average schoolgirl crush kinda thing, Zelda likes Link but Link doesn't really care that much. Then Zelda gets kidnapped, end of story. Well, maybe not, since Link eventually saves Zelda and Zelda's gonna like him more, but it's not gonna be anything serious. I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be very subtle, like along the lines of Link and Ilia in TP.

I meant the trailer and sorry if I have been rude.

I never believed the 4 Chan Rumours any way. I never expected Nintendo to put in a side quest that deals with Link and Zelda growing closer together. I don't know why but I don't think I could see them do that in any Zelda game.

Last edited:
Don't you see? Nintendo were playing with us. None of the stuff in the trailer is actually romantic in the game is it? They are close friends and nothing more. I actually liked the idea of romance, but I will not argue with a quote from someone who has played the game.

It would not, plenty of U rated films have a kiss between a man and a woman why should it be any different for games?

That quote is two month old and just "recently" discovered by ZeldaInformer. Before the Romance Trailer and certainly before IGN got their hands on Skyward Sword. I can say that many reviewers have quoted that Link and Zelda are in love:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1211616p1.html
There's a mild romantic dimension to their relationship, yes, but it's a believable one.
https://twitter.com/#!/TronKnotts
Get a definite Disney-vibe from Link and Zelda's relationship, sort of Aladdin-ish, but classier and more subtle.
I forgot to mention how foward Zelda is in this game. She wants a kiss, and is not subtle about it.
If anything, we should not consider that one quote can disprove this relationship. I'm not saying that this IGN quote doesn't exist, but I cannot let this be an indisputable proof that this romance doesn't exist when there are sources claiming otherwise.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If anything, we should not consider that one quote can disprove this relationship. I'm not saying that this IGN quote doesn't exist, but I cannot let this be an indisputable proof that this romance doesn't exist when there are sources claiming otherwise.

There is a new clip out which seriously suggests something between them. I don't know what to think. I would like to think that there are feelings between them. But different sources are claiming different things. We will have to wait this one out until new info is released or I see in game evidence.

If you wonder if Zelda has feelings for Link it's painfully obvious... take a look at the video where the tornado whips up and look at how she's looking at Link. She has the look of a high school girl that's looking at her crush with longing. That sort of stare and deep breath sigh that a girl gives when looking at someone she likes. Whether Link shares that feeling I don't know. He might see it as a typical childhood friendship at first in the beginning of the game; but as the story progresses and all the childhood innocence starts to dissipate with his having to mature in order to save her, he might come to find and learn that he does, in fact, share some special feeling towards her and he begins to accept it. I can see that happening really easily.

My evidence, your honor:
[video=youtube;hcs0b2KBudA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs0b2KBudA[/video]

[video=youtube;0wGfqXz9CWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGfqXz9CWI[/video]

Zelda's body language shows a clear interest in Link. She propositions her a date (it would be sexual harassment if Herman Cain tried it) and "has something important to tell him". These are clear indicators of love for Link. It's the most reasonable explanation. The only way anti-shippers can get past this is if they find a more reasonable explanation.

The defense rests, your honor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom