• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Vs Vita

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Vita is obviously the stronger of the two (Nintendo never seems to be able to be on par tech-wise), but as far as launch titles, I would sooner go to the 3DS than the Vita (not comparing games here because the Vita obviously just released).

I like the 3DS and personally think it'll be the better of the two game wise at their respective deaths, but we'll have to see. I have experience with both handhelds albeit minor, and I love the controls on the 3DS a lot more than on the Vita. The Vita's analog sticks are just awkward IMO, nothing like the sticks of any controller I've used. Too small and too...plasticy? If that makes sense.

I haven't had any experience with the vita but the 3DS looks beautiful, maybe even up to GameCube standards. vita looks strange and although the strain on your eyes, i think the 3DS is better

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've got a 3DS and while a Vita looks nice I stick mostly with nintendo. Christ! I grew up with nintendo! I can't abandon them. I've got a PS3 so a vita might be an option in the future (try when I'm in college) but not now.

NINTENDO 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

This is a very subjective question and depends on what one views as the more important for a handheld-hardware, graphics, software, accessories, media type, and much more.

Having experienced both handhelds although the Vita much less since I don't quite have enough green stuff to purchase one currently, I have to slightly favor the 3DS. Although the Vita is sleek and sexy, the 3DS design looks better in my eyes. Maybe that's because I've been used to the clam shell design since the GBA SP days.

The Vita, however, does boast substantial power and impressive launch titles. Nevertheless, the 3DS counters well with its own impressive array of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil: Revelations, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, and soon to be Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 3G, Mario Tennis Open, Kingdom Hearts: Dream, Drop, Distance, Monster Hunter 4, and more.

Also, the Vita is a major hypocrisy on Sony's part. The company that hailed discs as the only format for gaming is suddenly using cartridges! Seems loading times on those Universal Media Discs didn't work out after all. Also, a company that bashes both single and multi-touch control and ends up using just that in its own device is a greedy copycat. But after the direct rip-off that was Playstation Move, what else would you expect?

3DS is more well-rounded for my purposes and has the game I want to see. My vote definitely goes towards that handheld.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Vita seems pretty cool, even though I haven't had hands-on experience with it. However, judging by the past, I say the 3DS is gonna win in the end.

...(Nintendo never seems to be able to be on par tech-wise)...

You do know Nintendo was never "behind" technology-wise until 2006 right? Save Microsoft with the original XBOX, Nintendo was always on top with their game systems. The NES was the strongest on the block when it was around (although that's not saying much), the Super Nintendo was more powerful than all of its competitors, the N64 was far more powerful than the PS1, and the GameCube was more powerful than the PS2. (And need I bring up the Wii U?) It's not that Nintendo doesn't know how to stay on the cutting-edge. It's that they wanted to focus more on gameplay, so they sacrificed graphics for that. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I have played on both, and the 3DS gets my vote. the Vita's analog sticks are uncomfortable, and awkward. having two made it worse. Also, the dual touch screen thing is awkward, and When i tried tech demos etc, the second touch screen sometimes got into the way. Also, the 3DS is a bit on the bulky side, but it is a better portable console. Also, Putting the Vita in your pocket is awkward, the analog sticks point out. Bad idea sony, not very slick. Also, 3G made it even worse, why would someone want to pay to play wherever, and technically 3G has its limits..

Also, the dual touch screen thing is awkward, and When i tried tech demos etc, the second touch screen sometimes got into the way.

The rear touch panel?

Also, Putting the Vita in your pocket is awkward, the analog sticks point out. Bad idea sony, not very slick. Also, 3G made it even worse, why would someone want to pay to play wherever, and technically 3G has its limits.

I agree. The Vita is a bit too large for a portable!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Super subjective, but I think the Vita. Guts-wise, the Vita kicks the 3DS to the moon in terms of graphics, processor, 3G ability, and a bunch of others. Neither had a very impressive launch library, but the Vita has FIFA and Uncharted. 3DS had NOTHING worth $40. Still doesn't have many good games! I want an original Final Fantasy and some other staple PlayStation games, but I think the Vita is better. It can play movies too!

C

Cellyra

Last spring, I bought the 3DS,for no reason, except that my old DS fat had so many scratches on the screen that it ruined every game, and besides I was thiking that some pretty awesome games were about to release after testing some demos, so I got one. But for almost a year, the console just got pretty dusty, because the DS games look too blurry on it, and awesome games didn't released in time. And my thoughts were "Damn, I blew €250 in this and I'm not using it". But now I feel more confident, good games are releasing, and I hope it will go on.

Basically, the 3DS is not that bad, even if I'm stereo blinded and can't see the 3D, the machine looks very well built and reliable (Except for the shoulder buttons which ain't so reliable like the DSi). I made it fall by accident on a road, and it's still working. I'm sure the PSV would have shattered in pieces. The only problem is the graphics, which does not even look better than the PSP. But I'm assuming that developpers do not fully master the hardware yet, and graphics aren't everything.

I played the PSV a little, and I must admit that I'm stunned by the screen's quality. Good refresh rate and bright colors. Graphics are obviously better than the 3DS, and overall, the console looks like it could play any games in high-res and the 3DS is meant to look like a PSP with 2 screens. The only problem is that the console is way too expensive, and you have to buy a memory card to use it, I hate the joy of hidden costs. And the lack of good games is obvious.

So I'll keep my 3DS, and wait for the PSV to see if some actual good games will be released, in that case, I might consider getting one.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Vita's a better gaming machine. If I had a choice, I'd trade my 3DS for one, gladly. It has uncharted, FIFA, and is going to have FFX HD on it. However, Money is hard to come by when your a kid, and with the memory sticks costing 90$, and having already spent 250$ on a 3DS, No way am I getting it. Plus, I'm saving up for a 360 right now, so eh, no money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom