• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3Ds Vs Vita

B

bluestormz

Hey everyone,
I've had a lot of people tell me I was dumb for spending $200 on a 3Ds when I could have put that towards a vita pre-order. I bought the limited edition zelda model and I will enjoy playing Ocarina for the first time as a newbie but I do look at videos of the Vita and the graphics are amazing. The 3DS are not bad, but nowhere close to a vita.

Nintendo has more RPG titles lined up, that's the good part..but Sony is making the vita more for multiplayer as well.

Do you think I made a mistake?

I don't feel like I did, but many tell me I did.

Dude let's first talk sbou the price...
For $200 you got a 3DS and one of the best games EVER!
For $350 you got PS Vita, a momory card and ONE game!
3DS is awesome, I'm buying the limited edition Zelda today!
It's Awesome, I'ts Nintendo!
Believe man, the only console, for me, that Sony hasn't screw everything was PS1.
Sony always says the price is low, this is the best console and blablabla
and then we have to pay $200 for PS Vita plus $50 for the memory card and then, optionally, you can buy a game for more $50
Just my opinion and sorry for some bad english :)

PS Vita has been messed up since PS2, and that only had some good, golden games.

I think you mean Sony has messed up since PS2.

The PS Vita has an amazing launch line-up.

There are some problems with the system. however.

Standalone the system already costs more than the 3DS at $250. You also have to buy a $50 dollar memory card at launch, however, and the costs quickly stack up. Sony's going the pricey route again and will end up paying.

D

Deleted member 6224

Sony's prices were always so high. Remeber when they announced the PS3 at E3? What was the starting price, 500?

I vote for the 3ds anyway

When it was the same as an XBOX 360 with DVD and Blu Ray Campability

I'm not a Sony fan, but I cannot emphasize how wrong this statement is. The PS3 is so much more of a multimedia device than the 360. While exclusives were slow at its start, the PS3 now boasts an equal or greater library of great titles as the 360. Sony has also always been very good about supporting its consoles for extended periods of time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As long as you enjoy your 3DS for good, you didn't make a mistake.

The Vita I believe will blow the 3DS out of the water. It's a portable PS3 in almost all respects. It has graphics and 3G capability running for it, while the 3DS is still lagging behind with silly ol' Wi-Fi. I hear there will be 16 player+ games for Vita as well, whereas I've seen at most a four player multiplayer game for 3DS (hinthint that I'VE seen/heard of). Square Enix is also slightly biased in favor for Sony, so I'm expecting better titles for Vita than 3DS (not that SE is the only company in existence...). All in all, the Vita has more stuff running for it, better than the 3DS. However, the real quality is in the games released for it, so we'll have to wait and see.

The Vita I believe will blow the 3DS out of the water. It's a portable PS3 in almost all respects. It has graphics and 3G capability running for it, while the 3DS is still lagging behind with silly ol' Wi-Fi. I hear there will be 16 player+ games for Vita as well, whereas I've seen at most a four player multiplayer game for 3DS (hinthint that I'VE seen/heard of). Square Enix is also slightly biased in favor for Sony, so I'm expecting better titles for Vita than 3DS (not that SE is the only company in existence...). All in all, the Vita has more stuff running for it, better than the 3DS. However, the real quality is in the games released for it, so we'll have to wait and see.

Eight players online for Mario Kart 7. And no, the 3DS will blow the Vita out of the water. Even with its strong launch, 3DS will have a stronger line up by the time Vita hits in February. Not ot mention you also have to buy a mandatory $50 memory card putting costs up to $300.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, the 3DS will have a stronger lineup by the time the Vita releases in Febby. It doesn't already have one as of now, it's still building up its stock. The Vita could potentially have a better launch than the 3DS, and knowing how most people are, they'll likely ditch their 3DS for the Vita on hearing that the Vita had a better launch. They don't truly care about what games came out as long as the launch was good. That's how critics and reviewers generally operate. The cost is simply due to the fact that the Vita is so much more powerful than the 3DS – the Wii is $150 because it is a low end system whereas the PS3 is $250 for its HD capabilities, Blu Ray player and whatever else it has (media playing capabilities?).

P.S Glad to know eight players, but wasn't MKWii 12 players? Oh, that's right, memory limitations (I read about that in an article couple months back)

If I were you, I wouldn't ask for other people's opinions on this. I mean, as long as you're enjoying it, no, you didn't make a mistake at all.

Regardless, if you want my two cents, I'd say you have to look at the games, and for the most part, it's too early to do that, with only launch titles for the Vita, and a 3DS library that's far from complete. The only time you can really judge whether a console is better than any other given console is when practically all of the major games have come out for both of them.

Having said that, I always prefer Nintendo's games. I'm also incredibly biased on that account though, as the only non-Nintendo console I owned was a PS1, and my experience with other current generation consoles is limited to the times when I play my friend's 360.

Yes, the 3DS will have a stronger lineup by the time the Vita releases in Febby. It doesn't already have one as of now, it's still building up its stock. The Vita could potentially have a better launch than the 3DS, and knowing how most people are, they'll likely ditch their 3DS for the Vita on hearing that the Vita had a better launch. They don't truly care about what games came out as long as the launch was good. That's how critics and reviewers generally operate. The cost is simply due to the fact that the Vita is so much more powerful than the 3DS – the Wii is $150 because it is a low end system whereas the PS3 is $250 for its HD capabilities, Blu Ray player and whatever else it has (media playing capabilities?).

P.S Glad to know eight players, but wasn't MKWii 12 players? Oh, that's right, memory limitations (I read about that in an article couple months back)

DS=horrible launch. PSP=amazing launch. Guess which system won in the end?

jugglaj91

I am me....

Everyone will want a 3DS at some point. The people that get a Vita will be the ones who clamor for "awesome graphics" and crappy gameplay. I do not doubt the Vita's power in any way, and I am sure it will do well. But with its high price point of entry, and necessary further 50 USD investment, it will be some time before a lot of people jump on board. So basically mostly tech jumkies and graphic w****s will jump on board the Vita wagon, and the seemingly overwhelming casuals will go more for the 3DS. At least that is how I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom