• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3ds Remakes!

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
If you could have any game be remade for the 3ds, what would it be? Mine would have to be Majora's Mask. It would be a great remake(The video). They already made Ocarina of Time for the 3ds, so why not Majora's Mask.

Note: It does not have to be a Legend of Zelda

I'm perplexed as to what video you are referring to in regards to a 3DS remake of Majora's Mask but I would like to see the title as well. It's not a top priority, however, and a new handheld Zelda game should be made prior to its release.

One legacy title which I wouldn't mind seeing remade for 3DS is Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. The game's flight mechanics would not only come to life in 3D but lend themselves nicely to the system's bells and whistles including the gyroscope and accelerometer. The developer, Factor 5, however, has since declared bankruptcy and had most of its recent projects cancelled so that merely remains a pipe dream.

The opening post requested that I post just one idea but nevertheless I would like to make a single exception. Super Mario Sunshine would also make for an interesting 3DS remake. Super Mario 64 enjoyed a portable version on the 3DS so why not spread the love for one of Mario's more obscure installments? Perhaps newcomers and veterans alike will find it to be easier and more accessible than ever before.

There is a problem with releasing too many remakes, however, at that pertains to not only forming a remake stigma on a given system. The marketing side has to be considered in making remakes as well. While it's certainly nice to relive a classic and release it to a new generation of gamers, oftentimes it's more profitable to release a new game. Every title in a franchise needs it's time in the sun to garner multiple sales. Releasing a remake on top of a new game or vice versa in too short a time span would bite into the sales of the first game. If franchises are to be churned out frequently then the solution is to follow Nintendo's lead and change the formula up a bit or rather add or remove the third dimension as Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2 show.

I agree with ALIt that the 3DS may suffer fro too many remakes pretty soon, its good to honour the old titles but we do have virtual consoles now so a lot of classics can be experienced now more than ever. Remakes should only appear every now and again. Already the 3DS feels like it is remake heavy.

Though since we're on the subject of remakes, I'm going to be really obscure... There was a game on the n64 called Hybrid Heaven. Now, back when i played it i couldn't tell if it was a good game or not, my young mind didn't really perceive awful gameplay mechanics unless they were REALLY bad. And i played it without any great knowledge of what was going on, but i did enjoy it, it had a wonderful tone to it and a very interesting gameplay and combat mechanic that was very much like a turn based RPG but on a Zelda engine, it was bizarre but i loved it. The creatures you came across felt unique and thoughtfully designed and the playable characters were also very likable and mysterious.

Surely if it wasn't a good game to play a remake could make it so. This is a game that will never see the light of day again but it'd be nice if it did, especially on the 3DS.

I would love to see a remake of Majora's Mask. That's about it.

Here's a list of games I'd like to see put on both the Wii and 3DS Virtual Consoles, not remade/rereleased:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Quest 64
3. The Lunar series (Silver Star Story, Eternal Blue, etc.)
4. Golden Sun (the original)
5. Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Those are all that I can think of right now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Majora's Mask and ALttP for the 3DS please!

I really want Square-Enix and Tri-ace to get back together and remake Star Ocean Till the End of Time for the 3DS. If they could also give us Battle Trophy guides, I would be absolutely IN LOVE with SE again. I already got FAM on PS2, but a portable SO3 would be AWESOME. SO1 and SO2 got PSP remakes, why can't SO3 go to 3DS? xD

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
ALTTP remade with the OoT engine would be great.

A port of both WW and TP to the 3DS.

A port of Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island.

A remake of Grim Fandango or a port at least

A remake of Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

A remake of Super Mario 64.

Fig

The Altruist
There are many games that I love to be remastered into a 3DS remake. These games include the following:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

These are just but a few games that I really want as a 3DS remake!

MW7

The game I'd most like to play on a portable system would be Goldeneye 007 (N64). I thought through the control scheme and obviously it would be screwed up a bit, but I found one layout I think would work. On the 3ds L would operate as the aim, R would be shoot, the circle pad would be motion, A and B would be the same as the N64 controller, X and Y would correspond to left and right C, and the control pad would function as a full C button layout. The flaw with this would be that you'd have to stop moving to look up or down (or awkwardly press the control pad while moving the circle pad). However, the gyroscope in the 3ds could be used to look around instead so I think this would work. The control scheme could actually work like Goldeneye 007 for the Wii if done this way as well.

Oh and since it's a remake, besides enhanced controls they could add the customizability of Perfect Dark multiplayer to Goldeneye's multiplayer. I would never get tired of playing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom