• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Price Drops to $169.99, New "Ambassador" Program for Those That Already Own One

Jedizora

:right:
Awesome! I can't wait, this is one of the best Nintendo deals yet. Maybe even the best.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

This is really great, and exactly what I think Nintendo needs to boost the 3DS to the kind of popularity all Nintendo's handhelds since the Game Boy have had. And I'm sure come Christmas time more than a few people will be swayed to the 3DS over the Vita due to the price. And normally I wouldn't feel as ecstatic about it because I had to spend more on it, but I do get something in return for spending that money, something quite nice. I have to wonder what the other games they'll be giving us will be, though, since I'm not necessarily interested in every single one of the games they're giving away. I am quite excited to get Metroid Fusion and The Legend of Zelda on my 3DS, though. It's a very good deal, even if it was just those games.

My only concern is to how this might adversely effect Nintendo as a company, because allegedly they're selling it at a loss once the price drops, so hopefully the price drop will be enough motivation for people that Nintendo will be able to stay very well on their feet.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
My only concern is to how this might adversely effect Nintendo as a company, because allegedly they're selling it at a loss once the price drops, so hopefully the price drop will be enough motivation for people that Nintendo will be able to stay very well on their feet.

Traditionally, gaming hardware has always been sold at a loss. The profit has always been in the games. I wouldn't worry. I think the first console initially sold with a profit was the Wii.

Wait, also, does it work like this. register your early 3DS, get games whenever for free, or you can only get the games for free before August 11th

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
All I can say is HECK YES!!!! =DDDDD

I am a very happy Nintendo fan. :3 I remember feeling disappointed in a way that they had dropped the price soon after I bought it, but now that I see the rewards that the people who had previously purchased it will receive, I am pumped! I can't wait for September! I'm going to be downloading up a storm and will be hogging up the internet. XD

I want September to get here faster! D:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I logged onto the eShop this morning and does it tell you you're registered? Mine didn't, so do I have to do it a different time?

I

IlikeBacon

I was shocked to see the cut by $80! I was expecting a cut maybe in September and down to $200. I got my 3DS at launch, and love it very much. I'm very happy about the 20 free games. Some of them I own, and some I may not be as interested in, but I'm still happy about the Ambassador Program. I've never played the original Zelda, I was gonna download it in a month or two, but now I get it for free! How sweet is that? :D Plus, this will boos sales, which will make the 3DS more popular, more game developers will develop for it. Good news all around! =3

3DS Ambassador Update.

okay, so I live in Australia, and i need to know, how to you become an ambassador. I gave my 3DS to a friend to do it and he doesn't know. I need precise instructions. What, do you go to e-shop, click something and get a message saying congrats. What? I am desperate here not to miss out. Sorry if this sounds a bit impatient.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I'm not familiar with Australia, but in the rest of the world, you don't click on any specific button, and you don't get any message. Just connect your 3DS to the internet, install the system update if you haven't already and visit the eshop. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom