• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3DS: Is the Ring of Fire on Death Mountain Ghosted/out of Focus for You?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Okay, I've been bothered by this for a while now. Ever since I started playing OoT3DS, and reached adulthood, I seem to see the ring around Death Mountain as out of focus, even when the rest of the image is in focus. It looks like there are two rings next to each other. It mostly happens in this scene, but in OoT3DS:

Ch2013-520Temple20of20Time20Dark.jpg

Does this happen to anyone else, or are my eyes just not able to process the ring correctly? I'm curious as to whether this is a problem with me, my 3DS, or a graphical glitch in the game.

Only got save games where it's turned non-fiery. Non-fiery is also quite bright against dark background, but I don't see any ghosting or stuff out of focus.

Does it do this with the 3d turned off? Im guessing it doesnt. It could be too far away (In 3ds depth) for your eyes to register properly. Try asking someone else with your 3ds, if they have that problem too. Id ask someone outside of your family, since eye problems might be hereditary.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I can't say that I see two rings but the flame ring looks blurred at the edges for me, both in 2D and 3D. Almost as though it's got a smudge effect or something making it move.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Yes there is a slight Ghosting when I look to the ring (only at Hyrule Field including the Motion View). There is an even stronger Ghosting when I'm at the Temple of Time. Well, Ghost Pictures are annoying, but very common in the 3D technology and different from person to person. Don't worry. you don't have problems with your eyes.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, this is interesting. It seems that the ring looks more and more distorted the further away you are from it. From the Temple of Time view, it looks worst. I don't think it's quite as bad in Hyrule Field, and if you look at it from Kakariko Village or the top of Death Mountain itself, it looks fine.

Also, when it turns back into a smoke ring after vanquishing Volvagia, the effect disappears completely at all distances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom