• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS game suggestions

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
So for Christmas i got a 2DS, and the only games i have so far are Mario Kart, OoT, and SSB4, and a bunch of old DS games that all suck. Anywho i have some birthday money and i'm wanting to get some new games for it, i'm just not sure what games i want. I was thinking maybe Kid Icarus: Uprising, but i've heard a lot of complaints about the controls, so i'm not really sure. Also Fantasy life looks great, but i've heard some crap about it as well. So yeah suggest away

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Only look at this list if you're willing to experiment

Et4ian Odyssey 4/Etrian Odyssey Untold
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater
Shovel Knight
Any Virtual Console game

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
While I haven't played fantasy life, it does look good.
I would recommend Rune Factory 4 though. It's my favorite game I've played on the console so far.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Seconding Rune Factory 4, as well as Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold. Definitely consider picking up A Link Between Worlds, too.

Every one that I've spoken with had nothing but praise for Fantasy Life; I genuinely have no idea where people are saying otherwise. I've poured well over 100 hours into it and I'm just now hitting up the Origin Island DLC. Very peaceful game with plenty of content.

Despite my many, many gripes with Fire Emblem Awakening, I still like to recommend it to folks, since it's easily the most accessible game in the series. There's a demo on the eShop should you want to take it for a trial run.

I'll edit this post when I think of a few more.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I absolutely recommend Fantasy Life if you like RPGs. It's one of the best games I've played in years. I also recommend any of the Rune Factory games, although 3 and 4 in particular (though 3 is on the DS). Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is another great RPG. I would also suggest getting A Link Between Worlds or the 3DS Pokemon games. You could also save up for Majora's Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, which are coming out Feb 13th.

Kid Icarus: Uprising can definitely be skipped. The campaign is surprisingly good, but the forgettable multiplayer and hand cramping controls aren't worth it.

I definitely recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening and A Link Between Worlds. Fire Emblem might be a bit tough if you've never played a game in the series before, but there is the newly introduced casual mode available to help ease you in if you want. Personally, I prefer the challenge of classic mode. The characters are an unforgettable bunch, and there's more to do after the main quest with the game's solid DLC. A Link Between Worlds is a treat if you enjoy the traditional top-down perspective. It's a bit on the easy side, though.

As far as the eShop goes, I second the recommendation of Shovel Knight. Gunman Clive, Pushmo, and Crashmo are worth checking out too.

Here's my recommended list:

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Pokemon X & Y
-Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
-Shovel Knight (haven't played it yet, but I hear it's pretty good)
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
-Pokemon OR/AS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd point to Kid Icarus Uprising as the first game to get that isn't Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. However, since you have a 2DS and the tolerance for the controls heavily depends on the person, tread carefully. If you make it past that, you'll find a game with a lot to appreciate. For the eShop, Pullblox and Fallblox (also known as Pushmo and Crashmo) are great puzzle games worth considering.

キラ

Yo!
If you're a fan of turn-based RPGs and customization of characters, definitely buy Bravely Default.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom