• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS eshop GEMS

So if you guys didn't know, and I just recently figured this out, 3DS eshop is going to stop taking card payments as of 2022. That's closer than you think and we can all agree that the 3DS is a legendary system. I thought I would make a thread that we could compile the best games that you can download from the eshop.

Surprisingly I found a ton of gems and some legendary titles. Here's the best of my haul:

-Zelda I & II, Awakening DX, Oracles
Fun fact, Zelda I & II at one point were only available on the 3DS as an exclusive to the Ambassador Program. These games are exceptionally good with the incorporation of save states. I highly recommend a playthrough of Zelda I on the 3DS.

-Phasmophobia
This game is so spooky it can't be downloaded. Seriously every time I try to I get an error message. If you can download it it's worth it.

-Shovel Knight

-xevius

-Kirby's 3D adventure

-Retro City Rampage DX+

-Lifeforce

-Galaxy Force II

-The Sword of Hope II

-Mach Rider
This is a kind of one and done game. Although when you play it for the first time, you will never get that song out of your head.

-3D Super Hang On
Basically an upgrade to Mach Rider, except, this one amps up the speed. Careful you might get eye strain.

-Double Dragon
This is a little known title that has a lot of history. It's an arcade style beat 'em up that is well worth it's magic.

-Renegaids
Don't get this game. I'm only putting it up here for your information, but I repeat, do not endorse this game and it's sexist behavior towards women

-Donkey Kong 3

-Wario Land 3

-3D Sonic the hedgehog
Another classic game that changes with save states. This one is also presented in full 3D

-3D space Harrier
This is top quality starfox-esque space ship shooter. Except you don't control a spaceship

-Dr Mario

-Ohno Odyssey

-Aqua/Snow Moto Racing 3D
Super cheap wave race like games for the 3DS.

-Star Wars Pinball

-Cubit

-Mom Hid My Game

-Baby Pet Hotel 3D

-My Little Baby 3D

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
there's quite a bit of 3ds retail games where downloading them would be much cheaper than physical, like Radiant Historia, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Apocalypse, Persona Q, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and plenty others

as for download only
-Phoenix Wright series (trilogy, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice)
-Gurumin 3d
-Rhythm Heaven Megamix
-Shining Force: Sword of Hajya
-3d classics Kid Icarus
-Fluidity
-Shantae series
-Blaster Master Zero
-Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

a few of these are available elsewhere but still worth mentioning I thinl

there's quite a bit of 3ds retail games where downloading them would be much cheaper than physical, like Radiant Historia, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Apocalypse, Persona Q, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and plenty others

as for download only
-Phoenix Wright series (trilogy, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice)
-Gurumin 3d
-Rhythm Heaven Megamix
-Shining Force: Sword of Hajya
-3d classics Kid Icarus
-Fluidity
-Shantae series
-Blaster Master Zero
-Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

a few of these are available elsewhere but still worth mentioning I thinl
Definitely considering a Shantae title as i've never played one. 3D kid Icarus has some good magic to it and I did buy it too. Some more of my choice picks...

-Smile Basic
Want to learn how to code but is terrible at studying? Play this game where it teaches you basic code by creating a video game out of it.

-Harold's Walk

-Super Mario Kart

-Metroid Samus Returns

-Retro 3D Rampage

-Gunman Clide

Here are some of my hidden gem picks:

Dragon Ball Fusions - The best Dragon Ball game on 3DS and the fusion mechanic is pretty cleverly implemented.

Rhythm Thief - A great rhythm game with a solid story. Definitely has style.

Gunman Clive 1 and 2 - Two fun Western themed Mega Man inspired platforming shooters.

The Legend of Korra: A New Era Begins - Basically Fire Emblem but with Korra characters and no permadeath. Animations are a little stiff but fun overall.

Pushmo - Such a creative puzzle game with pushing blocks to reach the top of each pixel art puzzle.

Luigi's mansion GCN on 3ds is now on eshop front page along with Bowser's inside story + BJ's journey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom