• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3DS Car Problems Warning!

This is just a heads up if you plan playing OOT3D in a car!

I was using the bow, (while riding in the car), trying to kill those darned keese, and my aim veered off to the left! I was so confused, but i realized my dad just turned onto another street. When aiming, it registers the cars movements as your own, so be careful! It almost got me killed!

Today, I showed my sister the gyroscope feature today and she brought that up. I suppose it makes sense because of physics (good ol' Newton's First Law :rolleyes:). But, anyways, you can turn the gyroscope off. On the save menu (press start), and there is an options button down on the center-bottom of the touch screen. Just change "Motion Control" to "off". For car rides, at least.

EDIT:
I didnt know about that button! Thanks mandy!
No problem. :)

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
lol!!!!! That is too funny xD I will most definitely not play it in the car....either way I get motion sickness and focusing on a DS would sure make me sick :S

lol!!!!! That is too funny xD I will most definitely not play it in the car....either way I get motion sickness and focusing on a DS would sure make me sick :S

I get motion sickness horribly too. But i played today in the car, changing the 3D off and on, and it barely effected me! I was excited!

Yes, do be careful. I was Minish Cap addicted on a really long car ride once. I didnt enjoy that trip, not one bit.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well it's a gyroscope isn't it? When it's on, isn't it constantly spinning it so it can detect movement? Well if that's the case, it'll detect any movement. So if you are on something that moves, it'll detect all the moves it makes. That's how gyroscopes work. So it is expected. On the plus side though, when you're on something moving, is it makes it super precise without using complex technology, just simple physics. So there's less that can fail, like in the more complex motion controls on other systems.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I noticed that when I was on the bus, I keep playing in the bus to and from work and I try not to use the gyroscope then, lol

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Lol I never use the Gyroscope.

1. Because of the car reason.
2. Don't want to twist my spine in an unpleasent direction while sitting down.
3. BECAUSE I'D LOOK LIKE A WACKO MOVING MY 3DS ALL OVER THE PLACE AT SCHOOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom