• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS - Ambassador Programme - is There Any Way to Become One Now?

I got a 3ds for christmas. I recently read on the internet that nintendo did an ambassador scheme that expired in august 2011.... so obviously, I am too late for that. But my question is, is there any way to become an ambassador now? As in, pay extra money to register or something? Is there any other way at all? Or is it impossible now? It's just that I REALLY want some GBA titles on my 3ds, such as minish cap and yoshi's island...

That sucks :( Let's hope nintendo eventually release the GBA titles to the general public... I don't see why they wouldn't, it would make them some money afterall...

Big Octo

=^)
Nope, just your luck. It would sort of defeat the purpose of you got Ambassodor Games for free, because the whole point was to make amends for purchasers before the price cut. However, the 10 NES games will be eventually released on eShop, but you will havemtompay for them. As for the GBA titles, Nintendo has stated that they're not planning to release them t the public.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
If you bought your 3DS before August 12th, 2011 and the console is not registered, then you can still get the games. Nintendo.co.uk says:
Q: Can I still register for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme?
A: If you bought your Nintendo 3DS system before August 12th, you are still eligible to join the programme. Use our Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme Tool here to register. You will need either: a) to have created a Friend Code and connected your Nintendo 3DS system to the Internet before August 12th, 2011, OR b) have your proof of purchase for your Nintendo 3DS system. Note you need only to fulfil ONE of these criteria.
Otherwise you can't. But I think keeping GBA games exclusive to Ambassadors is a bad idea - the 3DS is definetely capable of running GBA games, just like GB and GBC games. Also, I would like to see SNES and more GBA games in the future. Maybe not in the near future, but Nintendo should change his own mind.

I see. I got my 3ds for christmas, so I'm far too late. Yeah I agree that it seems a bit daft on nintendo's part to have GBA games for ambassadors only... as I said, hopefully they will make them downloadable for the public in the future (obv have to pay for them). They should anyway, would make them lots of money, they have no reason not to... so here's hoping.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
You should find someone who has one and copy the games to a SD card put on your 3DS. You can do this via the Data Management when you go to options.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
But I think keeping GBA games exclusive to Ambassadors is a bad idea - the 3DS is definetely capable of running GBA games, just like GB and GBC games.

GBA games as a whole aren't exclusive to Ambassadors. There's a list of them and currently only those present on the list are exclusive, later releases will likely be open to the public.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Go to the E-shop--->Go to settings at the far left of the menu--->Check "downloaded titles".
If you are part of the ambassador program, then you should see a list with (re-)downloadable games and the ambassador certificate.

Big Octo

=^)
Go to the E-shop--->Go to settings at the far left of the menu--->Check "downloaded titles".
If you are part of the ambassador program, then you should see a list with (re-)downloadable games and the ambassador certificate.

We've already established that this user is not an Ambassodor.

Personally, I think this thread has served its purpose, as there's not much else the user can do.

I'm in the same problem, and i'm so annoyed that i saved up for 10 weeks to get my 3DS (this was after OoT 3D came out) and literally the week i had the $350 to buy it it went down to $200 >.>

At least i could spend my other money elsewhere....

But just wait, Nintendo will release them eventually, might take a year. :x

A

alexcurley

could any one copy the ambassador games to there pc then upload it online for everyone else who has not got the ambassador status

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
could any one copy the ambassador games to there pc then upload it online for everyone else who has not got the ambassador status

Nope. It's physically (well currently) impossible to connect the 3DS to the PC at this moment, and even then if it WAS possible to do so, there's no way to place games from PC to the 3DS as far as I know. It'd be illegal either way. ;)

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
From what I understand, you can't copy the data from other systems to your own, this includes demos and games because they're encrypted to your system hashes.

Its dumb, but what can ya do. Oh, and thumbs up. I got a Red/Black 3DS for Christmas :D Same boat as you my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom