• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3D Zelda: How often do you use the shield in combat?

Sheik

:the:
I remember using the shield for almost every single enemy on my first playthrough of Skyward Sword. Then I played the other Zelda games and gradually used the shield less and less, until I came to my second playthrough of Skyward Sword where I rarely used it at all.

Anything can be solved with a backflip and a jump attack.

I think I use it almost equally the same. If I know an enemy is about to attack but I want to stay close enough to follow with an attack, then I'll put the shield up. In the case of TP and Skyward Sword, it's kind of built in with the shield bash which I totally love. Otherwise, I don't use it cause I just jump backwards.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I actually use the shield when battling enemies. I don't see refusing to use the shield as some brave act of heroism or something, it's a game and it's there for a reason. I'm not a fan of taking unnecessary damage. It's especially useful against stalfos and dinofos, not to mention mad scrubs.

I use my shield fairly often, though I find that it's become rather obsolete in recent titles. In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, the shield was really useful for temporarily stunning enemies, since their attacks hit the shield and their defences go down. As the later games start coming, though, I find the shield gets less and less use. It was pretty cool in SS though, since you actually have to physically thrust the shield in order to properly block attacks or it gets damaged, which I thought was genius, and after mastering the Shield bash, I used it a lot. The shield is also extremely useful when trying to get the heart piece in Orca's house in The Wind Waker.

I liked the shield bash in SS much better then in TP, its easier to pull off for me. I forget to use it a lot in the Oracle games and LADX cuz I usually have the power bracelet or something else equipped

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I hardly use it unless I face enemies like the Stalfos in OoT. When I played SS I even forgot I had a shield until I went halfthrough the game. I like it to slash and attack. In TMC I use the Roc's Cape against those Knights because the shield is only keeping me busy much longer if I want to hit these jerks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom