• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3D Version of the Original Legend of Zelda

Do you think a 3D version of the original Legend of Zelda is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• No Idea

• Total voters

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Why not just have it as a new 3D game with The Legend of Zelda's distinct style? That would be something I'd welcome.
here here, I second that. Virtual toast to Zelda.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I'm adamantlly against remaking old Zelda games for more profit. Zelda 1 was made for 2D, as well as A Link to the Past. I really think graphics are a small part of a game. Art style and gameplay is what makes a good game, and the 2D Zeldas will more than likely work better in 2D than 3D. I also hate the idea of remaking a game just to sell it to more people. If the game was flawed so bad, it will probally warent a remake in the next few generations of consoles. I dislike the idea of Operation Moonfall, and I hate the idea of remaking old Zelda games in general.

The Hyrulian

Hero Of Time
Honestly, I don't think the 2D games would work out in 3D, I mean it's basically making an entire new game, new sprites to keep up with modern standards, your only using the same story really.. It would be wasting a lot of time, when Nintendo knows if they create an entirely new game, new story, etc. they will raise a lot more money, which is all they care about anymore pretty much.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
This might work in theory, but if you actually attempted to do it, I'm not sure how it would turn out.

One reason is that the 2D and 3D games are very different in how you see the screen. In the original LoZ, you see the game from a bird's eye view, and the screen slides as you move throughout the overworld and the dungeons. In the 3D titles, you see the screen as if you are following behind Link. I couldn't see this working in one of the 2D titles, because the game was designed for a bird's eye view, and a third person view would be confusing.

Another reason why I don't think this would work is how you use the weapons. In LoZ, if you are using the bow and arrow, you just equipt it and press a button, then the arrow is fired. In the 3D titles, there is more preparation involved before using the weapon. The bow must be equipted, then an arrow must be loaded, aimed, and so on. While this could be adapted to fit the 3D style, it would ruin the fighting techniques for bosses that require you to use items to defeat them.

It doesn't seem like the best thing Nintendo could do for the franchise. With the same amount of time it would take to adapt the 2D games for the 3D world, they could make an entirely new game that fans would be much happier with.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I distinctly remember it being promised as a 3D Classic. I also remember that of Link's Awakening. Hasn't happened yet for either. And I can't find any references to those original claims.
I ultimately don't have much investment emotionally in it. I'd probably play in 2D most of the time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's a bad idea if you mean a 3d classic. The story was nonexistant, and the game, well I don't think modern players could cope at all.
If you mean like TP and SS, sure, if they make a good story and explain the events of Alttp in the prologue or as the game progresses, and call the game just : The Legend of Zelda, that could be a good idea.

Dan

There would really be no point. Nintendo would have to reinvent a lot of it. I think it's fine as it is.

If they were to remake the game in 3D, they would need to torally revamp it. Why? The game would be too barren.
From a 1986 perspective, the game was epic and enormous, we're in 2012 now. (Oh and it could also lose its charm, something that LoZ has lots of.)

I see no point in remaking The Legend of Zelda. I don't see why it should be remade in Geometric 3D. Compared to other Zelda Games, The legend of Zelda doesn't have much at all. It's a very unique game and it blessed us with the Zelda games we have today. I'd rather cherish the game the way it is and I think it's one of those games that shouldn't be remade at all, otherwise it will lose it's uniqueness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom