• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3D Version of the Original Legend of Zelda

Do you think a 3D version of the original Legend of Zelda is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• No Idea

• Total voters
Personally I don't think that it sounds like a good idea. A lot of the puzzles relied on the top down view, as did many of the boss fights. I think that a reimagining of the game in 3D would be a good idea though. It could have a very similar overworld and very similar dungeons and boss fights, but slightly tweaking and adjusting things to make them work and flow better in 3D. Also it might be weird to have a 3D adventure game with not many NPC's but tonnes of enemies.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Personally I don't think that it sounds like a good idea. A lot of the puzzles relied on the top down view, as did many of the boss fights. I think that a reimagining of the game in 3D would be a good idea though. It could have a very similar overworld and very similar dungeons and boss fights, but slightly tweaking and adjusting things to make them work and flow better in 3D. Also it might be weird to have a 3D adventure game with not many NPC's but tonnes of enemies.
Well, when I was thinking of having the game in 3D, I was figuring that it would have to be tweaked a little. That just kinda goes with making a 3D version.

I'd like to see this as well. Although they would have to fill the world in a little more else it'd feel empty in comparison to more recent Zelda titles.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Wind Waker in the 3DS would blow my mind off.If in Twilight Princess,the wolf transformation will blow my mind of too.So uhh,THAT WILL BE FREAKING AWESOME~~~~!!!!

I'm legitimately confused as to how a serious number of people could support this notion. There's a pretty distinct difference between how the 2D games used to be (particularly the original Legend of Zelda) and the nature of the 3D Zelda games.

The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link were both purely gameplay-driven experiences, with no emphasis on story and virtually no emphasis on the world or atmosphere. Yeah those things had some relevance, but it was seriously bare-bones, and it doesn't in any way resemble a 3D Zelda game. This is because the 3D games have always been heavy on story, but moreover heavy on atmosphere and the world. Things are built up and made grand.

So what is there in The Legend of Zelda that could be built up? Fact is there's basically nothing in it that would translate into a 3D game at all unless you completely reinvented it and added tons of new stuff. In that case, what's the point of it being a remake at all? Why not just have it as a new 3D game with The Legend of Zelda's distinct style? That would be something I'd welcome.

I think turning something like the original LoZ into a 3D game would practically be like a whole new game. I think doing something like that could please fans by having a remake but also a new game because so many things about it would be new. Definitly a cool idea.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
It would be a cool concept but they would completely take away the point of it. They would give it a map, make the enemies a lot easier, and it would probably be easier to stay alive. Also none of the it's dangerous to go alone, take this (there would be but it won't hold the same effect it did 25+ years ago). It's a cool concept but no, they should move forward. The only remake I would want to see is MM3D because of OoT3D. I think the Virtual Console is a good way for people to play the older games, but a full on remake is nice once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom