• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3D: Amazing Addition, or Waste of Money?

3D- good call, or waste of money

• great idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • total fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Farore

Goddess of Courage
As we all know, there is going to be a remake on Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, but is it really all that great? Ocarina of Time is definatly my favorite Legend of Zelda game, so it makes me sad that there are going to be changes to the aleady perfect game. Besides the 3D, I don't think there is going to be any changes worth playing. Tell me what YOU think.

Beeker

Wild Card
More than the 3D is being added. Content wise, it should be a similar game, unless a surprise or two is added in.

In addition to the 3D, the graphics are improved(which is probably the most notable thing) and also menus have been changed a bit to fit with the 3DS's screen and make it easier to equip and use items. These changes, along with the 3D could affect the game depending on how good they are, but for the most part, I think the game will somewhat keep its original, classic feel.

As for your question, I think that if used right, the 3D will be an interesting addition. Maybe perhaps it will help immerse ourselves into the game better, though you'd probably have to try it out to know for good. :P

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
I'm actually really excited for this game, I've heard that access to changing items is much easier, of course the graphics are better, and apparently the motions are much more fluid. I don't see why anyone would think of this newer version of this amazing games as bad if it's just improving on the classic feel.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I am also excited for this game and think that 3D is a great additon. In general i think that 3D without glasses is going to be great. I mean 3D without glasses is still a work in progress but i think it will bring us one step closer to virtual reality and complete immersion.

I read somewhere (sorry I don't remember the site) that OOT 3D will actually have new content in it. So if that is accurate it makes me want it even more.

Yeah, I read that too. In Iwata Asks, Shiggy says there will be new things to discover in the 3DS version or something like that.

Why are you sad for having your perfect game with more fluid motion, crisper textures, 3D option, and extra content? I don't understand..... *sigh*

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I am also excited for this game and think that 3D is a great additon. In general i think that 3D without glasses is going to be great. I mean 3D without glasses is still a work in progress but i think it will bring us one step closer to virtual reality and complete immersion.

This is what I'm excited for, more than anything. As someone who wears glasses normally, 3D for anything outside short amusement park rides is a very annoying gimmick. The effects of 3D can be cool, but the glasses get old and break and just overall are a major pain. But if the 3DS really works well, then I'm all for it. It's still a gimmick, but it wouldn't be quite so annoying, especially since you can turn off the 3D whenever you want.

When it comes to OoT, though, I'm more looking forward to the improved graphics more than the 3D. From what I've read recently, they aren't really changing anything in the game outside of graphics and controls, though, so the game shouldn't be too different from the original.

I say the adittion of the depth will be awesome for the times you need to perceive the depth, for example shooting arrows or using the hookshot, specially on a game like OoT that relies so much on puzzles and where you have to look at everything twice...but I'm also really excited about seeing the new content on it...as long as it is canon of course :D

For Ocarina we are going to see better graphics, mauve some new content and a 3D feature with alot of potential. I think it can bring just that little extra to make this the best OoT version jet.

I voted it a great idea, even though I'm not planning to get it.

The reason being for all the people who didn't grow up with this game can now play it.

I know their are emulators people can use to play the game if they don't Have an N64, but most of the people are young (that didn't grow up with an N64) and don't know how to use something like that.

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
i just think it will cost me tons of money to get a 3ds AND OoT3d.

otherwise an AWESOME idea!!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
If you are talking about the 3D content alone, then no, it's probably not worth playing just for that. That is to say, if this were literally the N64 title in 3D, then it would be a gimmick. The combination of the 3D, the revamped graphics, refined controls (based on comments about ease of item handling from developers) and additional content -- this is what makes it worth playing. It's the same game, but revamped, tweaked and perfected even beyond what many believe to already be perfection.

On that matter, for the developers to decide to remake the game says right there that the game is not perfect. I think if the people who created the game felt it was indeed perfect they wouldn't touch it. I also don't believe any game is perfect, because they all suffer from minor blemishes. For OoT, graphics are a bit choppy (even for it's day), and controls are sloppy in places; the boot-switch-out in the Water Temple being specifically cited in interviews. Don't get me wrong, it's still a magnificent title, and at it's "worst" is infinitely better than most drivel released, but it cannot be said that it's truly perfect. If it were, Youtube wouldn't be chocked full of glitch exploiting videos.

The combination of the 3d, the graphics, the control tweak and whatever other bonus content surprises they have in store make it worth while. Plus, an entirely new generation of people who haven't experienced the game now can in a new way. Yes, the game's out there and available for download currently, but Nintendo themselves have admitted the Virtual Console is not reaching as many people as it should. People will play OoT3D who have never played it before, so it can't be said it's a total loss.

As someone who owns multiple versions of the title, it's still a deciding factory in the positive to buy an entirely new console. The game's just that good, and tweaked it will be even better.

So you're talking about having 3D graphics, or OoT 3D in general? The 3D graphics themselves, no matter how awesome, are only a graphical upgrade. They mean nothing whatsoever unless you're into graphics. So they don't really matter to me because I thought the original OoT's graphics were sufficient.

As we all know, there is going to be a remake on Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, but is it really all that great? Ocarina of Time is definatly my favorite Legend of Zelda game, so it makes me sad that there are going to be changes to the aleady perfect game. Besides the 3D, I don't think there is going to be any changes worth playing. Tell me what YOU think.
I do agree with you in general. I doubt that this game is going to be anything different, or at least different enough to be significant. I'll probably get it at some point, just because I'm a huge Zelda fan, but yeah. I'm hoping they add in extra content, even if it's just side content (would be better than way anyway), like perhaps a few optional dungeons. That would make me interested. Though, I don't really agree that OoT was flawless. There's things that could stand to be improved about it in my humble opinion. :bleh:

Really the only thing that could make me that interested in OoT 3D is if they actually add some new content. Something other than new graphics and a better interface. They shouldn't change what was already there, but adding in extras has nothing but benefits; it's harmless.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It's not the 3D part that excites me. Because knowing me I'll probably just turn the 3D effects off if it is practical for the game. What I like is the better graphics, and the portability. Ocarina of Time on the go! What can beat that? Best game ever, period, on a handheld, with improved graphics and pretty much the same story, and hopefully all the bugs (like the Deku Nut upgrade one) fixed! I can't see how it can't be great! In my opinion, the portability aspect makes it worth it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom